or Connect

Posts by nerdymom

I think your registry looks fantastic. Lots of neat products, but simple. I notice you don't have any toys and I'm sure that is intentional. But like the bath stuff, people do like to give toys. It might be nice to register for a wooden teething ring or rattle or Sophie the Giraffe or something. This website has some nice things http://www.oompa.com/baby-toys/category/Baby_Toys_FIR/Rattles-and-Teethers.html but I'm really drooling over these:...
Uh oh, need to fix your link or give me names to search for. It's taking me to the main registry page.
great I will take a look. Here's what I'm talking about: http://mothering.com/peggyomara/qpeditorials/how-we-became-a-web-company  They are stopping production of the magazine, print and digital. Now it's just going to be the website and community! I really liked getting the print magazine. I sat and had a little cry when I read the editorial.
For a family of 3 going on 4 we have a king size mattress with a very low frame. I use the Snug Tuck Pillow  until about 1 yr and I'm not worried about them rolling off the side. I also have an Arm's Reach mini cosleeper for naps. If I can't nap with an infant, I prefer to have them in an infant bed of some kind, until they learn to slide off the bed safely. DS1 learned around 6 months when he started crawling. We also have a bed for DS1 at the foot of ours, as we are...
I currently have a large trashcan but it is getting so crowded in our bathroom!! I'm considering using one of these http://www.organize.com/over-door-hamper-white.html lined with a wetbag. That way it stays open. But my hesitation is that I *know* DH will be dripping water all over my bathroom if I do it that way. He won't wring the dipes out when he rinses them. I'm just happy he will do it at all though so I don't complain.
Bring it. :) I need something lighthearted to distract me from the pain of losing my beloved Mothering Magazine.
Oh man I've really fallen behind with this thread. :( Sorry everyone. I've been contracting like crazy, and some of them have definitely been more than just BH. I was so uncomfortable last night and then I woke up with muscle spasms in my legs too. I went and bought a Cal-Mag supplement today. I hope it helps. Plus I have been drinking even more water than usual. Just in case.   Honestly I can't comment on anything else because I'm too upset about Mothering Magazine...
A mw I highly respect recommended Wild Yam tincture to help with strong, uncomfortable contractions I've been having. I'm not quite 30 weeks yet so it's too soon for this LO to join me. I'd like to read up on this herb before I take it, but I don't know where to look. An online resource would be best, as I'm unlikely to go buy a book right now.   Of course if you know anything about Wild Yam, please chime in. Thank you!
Well, I know there is some controversy about Charlie's for diapers and some people are adamant about NOT using it for that reason. I like an open pail too. Our bathroom door is open almost all the time and that is where the diaper pail is now. Although my old pail was recommissioned as the recycling bin. I'm trying DS in cloth again, to see how I can stand it. I just felt bad about making all these diapers for the baby and having him in sposies. This was our first full...
Oh! I am enjoying the knitting pix. I find knitting in general to be tedious, nevermind dpn (blech) so I haven't made any longies, though I love them so much!   Allical - Thanks for the tip about toddler fleece. I've never tried it with my DS but I've put him back in cloth, on a trial basis to see how I do with washing them. So far it's been ok, I've not wanted to puke yet! lol!   Rachel, your diaper stash is *gorgeous*! What patterns did you use for the nb...