or Connect

Posts by ellairiesmom

I had to come back to this thread...Halloween turned out so different than I thought it would when I replied originally.  So interesting how life happens fast!   I am in NJ so instead of the blizzard like last year, we got hit with Hurricane Sandy.  Most of the tri state area lost power on Monday 10/29 and didn't get it back at least a week.  We were 8 days later & many folks we know were closer to the 10-14 days.  Most schools were closed for at least 1 week & they...
Layering, layering, layering...and maybe putting their feet in ziploc freezer bags before sliding on shoes...       One good thing about the blizzard we had in NJ last year right before Halloween was all that snow at the end of each driveway made a perfect spot to stick a cold beer in before walking up to the door with the kids...     lolololololol        
I need a water bottle that holds at least 40oz, but preferably more (64oz) for various reasons including working where there isn't always a great option for filling up...it could sit in the car sometimes for an hour or 2 but probably wouldn't sit much longer than that most days.     Are we feeling ok about Nalgene for ourselves these days (my girls use only SS) or do I stick with SS?  I know Nalgene will be lighter and cheaper, but I just don't want to worry.  And I...
I have an old iphone that the girls use as an ipod touch & I realized I haven't downloaded a new app to it in over a year...maybe longer.  I get so overwhelmed trying to look at them all & read reviews & just end up not picking any.  I also have my own Nook with an android card in it that they use here & there when I can monitor them.  So if there is something fab in the android market that isn't in the apple market, I'd like to hear about that too.     I am looking...
Interesting info.  I did read their site before donating & knew that hair could be sold to help with their overal mission.  I also knew it wasn't for cancer.     Wish I had known about Pantene Beautiful Lengths though!!!  Total bummer.  In June/July when it's time to do it again for summer, we will DEF go that route.    All things considered, the experience was amazing for my 4 year old & I know the overall lesson/concept of charity and helping others really...
If you needed the following things for a large group (40-60), are you better off heading to Costco? (a family member has a membership & would take me along)   Of course we have Walmart too...but are they really cheaper on this kind of stuff? Enough to offset the fact they are Walmart? And I am afraid of their meat...   ground beef (for chili-i have everything else i need from the garden & a huge supply of beans) hot dogs/rolls/ketchup/mustard large bags of...
First off...GROSS!!!!  I am just completely freaked out by the look of these things...holy huge.     Did some reading here & online & couldn't take anymore...was starting to gag.  Here are my leftover ?s:   1) So the ones with the white parasitic wasp eggs all over them that I am supposed to leave on there...are those "braconid wasps" truly not stinging kinds?  My tomatoes are in containers along our driveway & I take the kids in & out of the car right next to...
DD1 is almost 5 & can't wipe after pooping herself.  We put wipes in her backpack in case she has to go at school so she can at least make an attempt, but my 6 year old niece can't even wipe after pooping with TP.  She still asks my sil for help & if she is by herself, uses a wipe if available & STILL doesn't do a perfect job.     TP and poop is just way too tough for those short little arms & coordination levels.  Some sort of wipe gives them more of a chance of...
Not exactly the same situation but wanted to share our experience... Note-Our cats are all indoor only.   In 2007, DHs very bitchy young female cat who wouldn't let me near her went through a bunch of changes...moved from his apt in the city to my apt in suburbia with my 2 cats.  Then moved a few months later to the house we bought together.  During that time she peed on my queen size bed & then the organic crib mattress & brand new beautiful diaper bag that were...
Newbie here...I used up a load of tomatoes tonight to make sauce.  I had a 1 quart jar that only filled about 2/3.  I figured we would use that in the next few days but do I still process it in my boiling water canner or do I just cap it, let it cool & put it in the fridge?   TIA!   PS-I am using the Ball recipe (straight from the book) for tomato sauce...