or Connect

Posts by ellairiesmom

My girls are very into sitting at DD1s vanity & using the brushes & empty containers I gave them but DD1 (4.5) is getting to the point where she is interested in something that isn't "empty" so I was doing a bunch of research on my options.  As adorable as some of the kids glittery options are, I know the crap they put in that stuff is very unhealthy & toxic.     I was thinking of putting a few new play makeup items in their Easter Baskets...maybe a real little...
  DD2 is turning 2 this week & I really want to get her a metal shopping cart. (must have seat for a doll)   There is this cheaper one on Amazon but with only 1 review, I am not sure about it.   I read some old threads here about a B Toys one found at Costco but I can't seem to find any current info on it.     Both M&D and PB are $45 & free shipping right now.     Looks like the M&D one is much taller, width wise they are within an inch of each other &...
Nothing on ebay or craigslist as of now...   There isn't a "network" to communicate to pawn shops & jewelry stores that take in stuff so I don't know where to begin with reaching out to them myself.  I am on google & using yellow pages.  He lives an hour away from our home & about 35 mins from his work.  Plus we are very close to both the NY & PA borders so he could go in those directions as well.  There are so many shops & then the ones not even listed.     I am...
The cops said I would fair better if I don't say stolen & just say I am interested in platinum wedding rings.  If they took it in, that means they paid him something for them & if they are stolen, they won't get anything for them & will often make them disappear once they know someone is actually looking for them I guess.   I guess I could start by calling the ones that are the furthest away & going in person to the ones closer.  There are so many & it feels like...
My rings were stolen from their box in my jewelry drawer yesterday by an exterminator who was in the upstairs by himself for about 1/2 hour.  I noticed it 3 hours after he had left the house.  I called my State Police friend & went in there & reported it, called the Home Inspection business he worked for, got his name for the police & it turns out he has a record, serious drug problem, check forgery etc.  I asked the owner of the company (it's a reputable company that...
Well...never thought I would be using the search feature for the word "fleas"...here I am...   We moved into a rental 3 weeks ago & over the past week have started getting attacked by fleas.  We have 2 indoor only cats who have never been outside a day in their lives.  The people who lived here before had a dog who left so many stains on the carpet you would think that's where they let him go to the bathroom, wrecked the place, stole the washing machine, broke the...
Our new place has tons of kitchen counter space but very little natural light anywhere, especially in the kitchen.  DH is asking for some gift ideas for me so it got me thinking about some options...but I don't know much about it...right now I have some organic potted herbs that Shoprite had on sale & we are loving having them but they are struggling for light.  My 1st step is to put a glass shelf up in front of my one kitchen window to maximize that sun.  That would fit...
My baking sheets have had it & I have been wanting to also pick up a cooling rack to use on a baking sheet for making crisp homemade sweet potato fries or crispy coated chicken for awhile now...everything related to baking/cooling seems to have non stick coatings & there are lots of mentions of "aluminized steel construction".     All my cookware is stainless steel, non coated.  Everything else I use to bake/store food in is Pyrex.  I just need a couple new baking...
I put it all in the fridge overnight & started it this am at 10am.  Brought it to a boil, then low for 8 hours.  It came out amazing...fell apart just lifting it out.  My SIL came over with the kids today & everyone enjoyed dinner.   THX!
bumped for my update in the original post