or Connect

Posts by ellairiesmom

My brain needs a vacation...we just moved, DD2 was up all night with an ear infection & I am exhausted...which led to a cooking blunder...   I put a roast in my pot with carrots & stock intending to actually turn the stove top on & cook it for 8 hours on low...I forgot to turn the stove on & I really don't want to wait until 8pm to serve dinner & dry it out by cooking it on high for 4 hours or so.  Could I just put the whole pot into the fridge & take it out & start...
I'm not sure if you read the whole thread mattemma04, but we don't think the area is going to be a danger.  We drove around, talked with a bunch of people & decided that we feel good about our decision to save money for a few years & take the place my Dad is offering for very cheap.      Moving out of state is not something we would consider.  Being near family is a priority for both Dh & I.  It happens to also keep us reasonably close to the major metro area so job...
Ummmm...not sure how we ended up here... I will address newer points...thanks again for everyone's brainstorming, feedback & advice.  I was definitely not looking for sympathy-I was trying to get different takes on which place to live.   I know my blessings...just having some bad luck in a couple areas lately.    Anyway, we have student loans also.  I wasn't really counting them as debt.  I'm not sure why I didn't, but I just didn't & never really considered them...
Thx so much for everyone's kind words of support.  I am really upset with Chase now.  I was speaking to a friend today who informed me that something came out the 1st week of September or so (HUD?) that basically gave anyone in Hurricane Irene's zone 90 days grace on mortgage payments.  No late fees, no reporting to the credit agencies.  And she said she thinks it applies to renters, credit cards & more????  She knew for sure about the mortgage thing because they...
I would think you would have no problem calling the company then & stating you haven't recd the item & the Consultant is unresponsive???  At least you can get what you paid for.   I am not sure there is a way around finding out if the money went to your friend or not though :(   That kinda stinks but hopefully she at least followed through on that part of the transaction.    
Sorry onlyzombiecat!  I wasn't clear or didn't update the thread to specify that I definitely decided against using my Mom's address for school purposes.  So many people (including teachers & admin at the actual school who are friends from growing up) were telling me to do it but in the long run, DH & I discussed it & weren't ok with it.  I will be subbing at that school & did apply for a para job there-so if I end up working there, my kids would be allowed to attend....
Thanks so much for your post Choli.  I guess it's like they say...everything happens for a reason.  DH & I are both so eager to get out from underneath the burden of our home.  Taking the time to heal from the stress is actually a really valid point.  It's sad to say goodbye to our home & to not be able to hold on any longer to try & wait it out...but the stress is unbelievable & it's taken it's toll on both of us.   And yes-hopefully when the time is right, the prices &...
OP here-we went & checked out my Dad's rental over the weekend.  It is really a mess.  Like they haven't cleaned since they moved in 10 months ago.  It was sad to see because my Dad had spent the past 20 years re-doing it himself & upgrading things here & there & there were things broken or just covered in mildew etc.  I met the wife & her 3 year old & they were really sweet.  I know how things can get with a little one, but I think it was a little over the top &...
Op with a loooooong update...there is a closed thread involving some "neighborhood drama" that made me want to come back & update my post.  In the closed thread, a poster suggested that the OP in that case had started another thread about her family not being able to afford the mortgage, therefore being jealous of a new family that moved into her neighborhood.  The OP never started a thread about the mortgage but it made my wonder if my thread was what someone thought...
A friend of ours got some sort of 3rd row vehicle recently...not a mini van-a smaller SUV of sorts.  Anyway, she got leather interior & I thought she was crazy but then she showed me how easy spills clean up off the leather.  I have never had a vehicle with leather so I don't know if all spills clean up as well as the water demo she gave me.  You can always put floor mats down too.     As for the finance side of the decision...I never know when the right time is to get a...