or Connect

Posts by ellairiesmom

Ugggghhhh-this happened to someone I know but it was with a legit photographer who disappeared with their payment & never produced any proofs.  There were a bunch of victims & they tried to find him but he took off...such BS.     Here were some of my initial thoughts...I am not claiming they are right or wrong, honest or dishonest etc.  Just some initial thoughts...   Figure out a way to get into her home...whether it is under the guise of friendship when she is...
Thanks for these ideas Emmeline II!  I appreciate your post.  I have applied for several para positions all over the county there.  I have some experience working with autistic kids & some good friends in several schools who served as references.  I still haven't heard on any of those positions yet.  A friend from growing up is now working as a custodian for a school & I my DH said he would do that in a second so we are always looking & asking around.  I am going to find...
I think I (and the people I grew up with, know & am related to) definitely have less knowledge of what true danger is in a sense.  We grew up where everyone was on at least an acre, many of us on dozens of acres, we couldn't really ride our bikes to a friends without it being a major excursion etc.  Most of the towns in the area don't have their own police depts.     We are going to drive up there & go all the way through the development.  Like I said, the last time...
Been dealing with this with our home for over a year now.  Started out way too high with a realtor.  Went FSBO at 6 months with a major drop.  Got a buyer right away but they were without a realtor too so there was no one really "pushing" the deal through.  They got scared over a few inspection items & walked.  Got another buyer a month later who was a cash buyer without a realtor again.  She breached the contract 2 weeks before closing for personal reasons (something to...
OP here-I spoke to my Detective friend & Trooper friend & asked for more specific advice etc from both of them...their feedback was that in the back area of the community (it's a country club & golf course that went out of business a few years ago) there are some Sec 8 housing clusters, some drug dealing & gang type crime but it's rural/country style stuff, nothing in comparison to anything he has seen in other places & NJ cities. My Dad's place is at the front of the...
Thx Lynn.  We have about 2 more weeks or so before we close on our home that we are selling.  We have looked at about 25 rentals in person-pretty much everything that's not totally out of our price range.  Been searching about a month.  And I have called every little garden apt type complex in the entire county.  It's a very rural county of NJ, so there aren't as many rental options & when they come up, they go fast since so many folks can't get mortgages right now.  We...
We are trying to get any jobs we can.  Despite having college degrees, we are not being picky in any way, shape or form about the kinds of jobs we consider.  I am ready to go with flyers for child care & house cleaning as soon as we get settled in too.  I have friends ready to get me into sub at all the schools in the area as well.  DH might end up taking a really crappy furniture sales job with horribly long hours & little $ but it will almost cover the rent each month...
Couldn't decide where to post...it's spans multiple areas...if you had 2 children age 4 and under & were down to the last $30k of your savings with no idea where & when the next stable paycheck was coming from...would you:   A-take the rental that is $550 more, in a somewhat decent area with a nice quiet grassy area for the kids & a Kindergarten that a close friend is the teacher at for when DD starts next September;   B-take the rental that your father owns, is...
Realized I never replied-so sorry!  Thank you for your feedback.  We ended up turning down the house.  We were keeping an eye on it with drive by's after the rain we have been having here & they keep pumping water out of the basement & we just can't handle that-especially not at the price they want.  We haven't found a place yet but I am very happy to know about this mold product.  I hate breathing in bleach.     Thx!
Mama's-I need help fast!  We are down to the wire on finding a rental to live in with 2 young kids & the thing holding me back on the place that is the perfect location but a little high priced is this...   A week before the current owners purchased the property as an investment property, Irene blew through & caused some water to get into the unfinished basement.  Then, that following storm caused that basement to flood so bad, the fire dept had to come & bail the...