or Connect

Posts by ellairiesmom

I had my yearly with my ob/gyn last week. I was complaining about having such a hard time losing weight (dd is 17 mos & I haven't lost more than 15 lbs of the 40 I gained with her). I also have some issues with my hair thinning right now & skin looking dull etc. I never had those issues before pregnancy & nursing. Because I am still nursing & also wanting to get pregnant again this summer (providing I can lose weight), she really didn't want to do a full hormone work...
Very cool. Thanks for setting my mind at ease about just setting them up right on the concrete. Have you mixed up plants within your boxes or do you stick to one type per box? I was reading on the earthbox forum a little & some folks have combined peppers & tomatoes with success. I have so many things I want to grow & am trying to figure out how many boxes to get.
Mandy Thanks so much for mentioning to put my tomato stakes up right away. Great looking out! Lots of good info in your post. We have a small yard but there is a concrete walkway & open area along the house that I really wanted to utilize for some of my earthboxes. We also have a nice paver wall that is along an edge that would be a good spot for a few others. Do folks generally put something down under an Earthbox in those circumstances? Is it safe to put them...
Hi there! I am going to be doing all container gardening for the 1st time this year. Am both excited & a little overwhelmed! I am going with the Earthboxes but not their mix & such-just the set up. I will get my mix & fertilizer from Gardensupply.com because they have an amazing organic mix. I am starting out with all organic seeds & this week will be getting them going in our sunroom. Using this site & a few others for lots of info & support. I am going to...
I hear ya...just finally got out little one to sleep!!! Thank you so much for all the feedback. I had called Earthbox today because I wanted to confirm their plastic was food grade PP (which it is) and that their soil does not contain verm. They are stating they no longer use vermiculite. I could not find out if their peat was sustainably harvested or not. But I suspect that since they aren't putting that claim in the product info, it probably is...
Just came across some old closed posts on something called "Earthbox" which seems like something we might be interested in. I am planning all container and/or raised bed gardening. My questions are: 1) I didn't want to buy the whole system from them because I can't get a straight answer on whether or not their organic mix contains vermiculite & it seems I could save money by just getting the box set up & searching out my own mix? Your opinions? 2) If I went with...
We have lots of BB&B credit left from our wedding registry last year & a huge stack of 20% off coupons. I am contemplating picking up a couple of aerogardens to add to the mix of what I have going on in my head. This is my 1st year attempting to garden in our home. (last year, DD was an infant & I couldn't get my act together) We have a decent size sunroom (south facing). Our yard is small but has a concrete patio/walkway that I wanted to do some raised beds on so as...
I haven't found a recipe for them yet either. I did buy the Yummy Earth ones to have around although Dd isn't that into them yet. But they taste really good & are organic. I am not sure what you will think about their ingredients...they do have Cane Syrup, Tapioca Syrup and/or rice syrup but then real fruit.
Sooo...DH and I had been talking about trying to get out for a few hours & do a movie on Valentine's Day. He loves movies, but we have only been to the theater once since DD was born 17 mos ago & I thought it would be nice just to sit next to eachother in the dark . My Mom came to babysit & we were off... I guess I should preface this with the fact that we sat in the back & could see most of theater in front of us... The movie was cute & funny. And we had such...
Ended up poking around CRs forums and found a thread about the CR ratings vs User Reviews. Lots of folks have complained about it too. And definitely lots of folks in agreement that major appliances just aren't built to last anymore. I suspect this link might only work for subscribers... http://discussions.consumerreports.o...ashers&tid=491