or Connect

Posts by Ava_&_Leiths_Mama

Yes, I mean in Aussie $. Good to know. Yes, I've been looking at the rentals section of that website for the last week and a bit but I've never seen anything one way or another about pets. I suspect this may fall under "the dreaded question" category, but can anyone talk to me about the actual practical presence of the creatures non-Aussies have been trained to think lurk around every corner and are just waiting to kill? I've read there is a higher concentration in...
Where on Van Island? I'm in Vic and we're looking at spending a year or so in Oz in 2010 We're also an unschooling, attachment fam. Just HAD to say hi given the geography
What are the policies regarding pets in rentals? We're looking at moving in 2010 and other places we've lived have had such varying policies on pets. Some places legislate that landlords can't say "no pets" and in some places finding rented housing is impossible with a larger breed dog (or any dog). Also, how would an income of $75k a year do in Brisbane when you consider that we are okay with small living space (right now we live in 620 sq ft with 1 bdrm since we...
So, I'm adding another "possibly moving to Aus" post but do appreciate how open everyone has been with giving info to others (through which I've read ) We're homeschooling our two little ones and would love to do some traveling as a family. A friend of mine will be moving to Perth in 2010 for further Grad school and through poking around online we discovered that my husband's profession is on the list in QLD of serious work shortages so we're in our very very early...