or Connect

Posts by June Bug

Hello, I'm posting for my sister who lives in Ann Arbor. This is her first pregnancy. She'll be giving birth in the hospital but would like to have a natural birth experience. Just trying to help her out and get some recommendations of Natural Birth Friendly doctors in Ann Arbor. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!!
I will be 23wks tomorrow with our second. We had a beautiful homebirth with our daughter with no complications. This time, at 19 wks we went for routine ultrasound and found I was dilating with bulging bag of waters. They did a cerclage and I spent 4 days in hospital with meds. Besides my "incompetent cervix", I also have an "irritable uterus" (such horrible terms). I am on bedrest at home and can only get up to go to the bathroom and take a quick shower. I am also on...
Hi Mamas,   I have a daughter who will be 3 in October and we are looking for some like-minded families to start or join a play group with. A little about us...My husband and I were both born and raised in WI. We lived in the Bay Area of California for approx. 11 years before moving back to WI to be closer to family in fall of '09. We gave birth to our daughter at home in CA and we try (but of course don't always succeed) to eat organically, tread lightly on the...
My daughter will be 3 in October and has been completely out of diapers for about 2 1/2 months. She only had two "accidents" the first two days after being out of diapers and nothing since. This past week all of a sudden she has been having accidents...waking up from naps and during the night wet or with poopy pants. There have been no significant changes that I can pin point. I know that sometimes this is normal but I am just not sure how to address it. I don't want to...
Your original post reminds me so much of my daughter that I was laughing as I read it, she will be 3 in October. She is a great, intelligent kid but quite a handful. I just wanted to say that I am right there with you. I don't have any answers either, just trying to find a gentle approach that also sets a few boundaries. Seems like some weeks are good and others are pretty difficult. I have found a couple things that help... getting her outside for some free play where...
My daughter will be 3 in October and has been completely out of diapers for about 2 1/2 months. She only had two "accidents" the first two days after being out of diapers and nothing since. This past week all of a sudden she has been having accidents...waking up for naps and during the night wet or with poopy pants. There have been no significant changes that I can pin point. I know that sometimes this is normal but I am just not sure how to address it. I don't want to...
Thanks for the ideas! It sure is hard trying to get anything done with little ones around but we just gotta keep trying when we those quiet moments, that or take a nap 
My daughter is 2yrs,4mo old. Before having her I worked full-time. After my maternity leave was over, I decided I only wanted to work part-time so I could spend more time with her and that is what I have been doing ever since. I work out of the home 19 hours a week and would love to keep this up but am finding working only part-time to be a real strain on our finances. I am looking to start supplementing my income with something I can do from home, preferably in the...
If you can stomach it, have someone chop it up and saute it in a pan with some garlic and onions. I was a little grossed out by the idea but after my birth my husband cooked it for me and I ate it no problem (not the whole thing). I had some after the birth, some later that day and then a little more the next day. Honestly, it was not bad. It is like your body needs it so much that the "grossness" of it is non-existent. I've heard many stories of vegetarian and vegan...
We had a similar situation because we are currently living with my parents and they were not cool with our little one having "accidents" all over their carpet. So instead, I just started incorporating the potty into out daily routine. At first we sat on it once or twice a day and in the beginning she only went sometimes.  Then she started to get the hang of it and we increased the amount of times a day she sat on the potty. It just became part of our day, we would sit on...