or Connect

Posts by desertwind

It is amazing how much a 'me' break can do.... I finally found a sitter for my 3 year old dd (had been looking forever) and now I have a 3 hour Friday morning break every week.... makes such a difference. I have felt what you are feeling.... also, like you mentioned.... having a little me time while DH takes care of the child is soooo important. We started having DH take our dd out to breakfast on Sunday mornings and then going to the store or to run other errands.......
my dd does not do this, but if she did I would call it the 'repeating game' and tell her that we could play it but that sometimes mommy doesn't want to play it... ie: say this mommy... "no sweetie I don't want to play the reapeat game right now, etc.... maybe a toy microphone that repeats what he says would be a good toy for him.
oh, and one more thing.... during our 'potty regression' I moved a potty into the play area so there was always a potty close by.... also, during our early stage of potty training I had a potty available in the main area of the house. Could you put a potty in his room for him? Or in a place that is easy for him.... that maybe he could help pick out?
My DD was totally potty trained at 2.5 and of coarse had a few accidents... my mom always reminded me that 'accidents happen' and its no big deal, which I agree with.... and then at 3.5 she totally started poopy accidents and then pee accidents like all the time. I encouraged her and supported her, never scolding, never punishing and we got through it in a couple of weeks. I think it is very, very hard for little ones to completely get it and that any kind of...
Hey!! What great responses. I guess my thinking is in line with most of you (which is what I was looking for I guess). That moderation, supervision, no lack of healthy attachement and bonding is being avoided, etc.... are all good indicators of what healthy TV watching is. My dd isn't one to zone out and we love to share and play as a result of some of the shows. I feel we have a healthy relationship with the TV... and everyone's posts helped. I do hate...
Does anyone else share my view that watching TV is no big deal? I don't understand why sooo many folks think TV is actually evil. I am talking about toddlers watching commercial free cartoons say several hours a day. Also, that is not unsupervised hours like mommy is napping or off in another room, that is more the tv is on and maybe a 20 minute show gets watched and then we color and craft, maybe go eat food out back and then come in and say watch another 20...
I agree with the PP.... that you are making a difference even if you only see him sporadically, and that you should try and spend more time with him on your turf. I actually knew some parents that were disinterested in their childs well being overall. They clothed, fed and housed and everything else was up for negotiation (lets face it. some people are NOT cut out to be parents). Anyway, they even went so far as to tell me they wish they never had children.... even...
thanks for the responses... makes me feel better. Oh, and what kind of vitamin A to you use for your child... I use chewable C... do they even make a chewable A?
Is this following quote true??? The number of deaths seem kinda high, don't they?. I thought measles was a fairly 'safe' illness to have. Measles is an extremely contagious viral disease. Prior to measles vaccination in 1963, there were approximately 500,000 reported cases and about 500 deaths a year in the United States. There is an 'outbreak' of 11 cases where I live and now my dd has a high fever (and so do several of our friends)... as we play the wait and see...
It sounds like your FIL just wants to have a one on one relationship with his grandson... but he is behaving immaturely by not honoring your wishes and by continueing to try and just get his way. I don't think that means in and of itself that he shouldn't be trusted (it sounds like maybe you already distrust him) but it is certainly no reason to give in... and go against what you feel is right for your family. Why are you the bad guy? even if your DH is acting...