or Connect

Posts by IsaFrench

sherryvhkb, your nealy finished blanket looks lovely .... i didn't think i could use grey as a third color with pale blue and white, what a very pleasant to the eye mix !!!!   for a beginner i would recommend rather large yarn (and a large corresponding hook) because it feels that the work progresses faster so it feels more rewarding .... but a rather small project so that it's completed easily enough ...
+ 13 313 out of 2014
132.49 lb my goal for this challenge will be 123.5, so "only " 9 lb which would get me at a BMI of 23
+ 8 300/ 2014   .. am 100 short of my goal for February .... will try to "do" 300 for March i have managed to unclutter my food intake  and to have gone back to a "normal weight" over months .... now finding it hard to transfer that ability to get rid of "stuff clutter" .... (not finding the book "does this clutter make my butt look fat" useful i regret to say .... so there's something in my head that is still missing ... french TV is showing some US decluttering...
THANK YOU ever so much for taking the time to record it all .... i didn't realise it at the time (18 months ago ?) but having made the commitment to post every week has really really helped me not to give up on the days and weeks when i felt i was going backwards a bit ... i now weigh myself (and DH and DD1) on a Sunday morning as a routine ... so right now am looking forward to posting my current weight, tomorrow morning on the new thread ... only 9 pounds to go now ......
the one row of darker blue i did, would that be called a single crochet stitch in english ? (in french, i think that it's "maille serrée" ... in any case, it looks like the edging of the cardigan from the link i'm posting below ... you can see close up on the photos of the tutorial, she does one row of grey and one row of pale blue ) and for the rest of the blanket, i'll have been doing clusters of 3 treble stitch (and is it in UK english that the same stitch is called...
spent too much time hidding end of threads of different colors (for the ones with single lines in a different color) so discussed the issue with a friend who suggested i use 3 colors in rotation so have now started yet another one (.... will i EVER start using them and cleaning more of our flat ????)
finished the baby blanket for my nephew and his partner (EDD now end of May) have posted it this morning & they should get it on Monday  
+ 6 292 / 2014
have been watching too much TV late at night due to stress issues and sleepless-ness .... so for the last few months i've been having lots of "small projects" (that i also carry around for odd minutes here and there waiting for a bus or in a waiting room for an appointment .....), namely some washcloths (after being offered2 hand kitted one by an american visitor last spring), some knitted and some crocheted ..... now .... i haven't yet followed up with my New Year's...