or Connect

Posts by fascha

Well in Canada, raw milk is illegal and the nearest cow-share program is a 4 hour drive away BUT today we found an Amish farmer willing to sell us raw milk from one of his 3 pastured, grass fed cows. He was telling my father how they make butter, and use the milk personally (raw) which leads me to believe that it's "okay" BUT, I'm nervous since I'm pregnant and am going up with dad next week to take a look. Are there any questions you might suggest I ask the farmer...
I find myself wondering the same thing on "those" days. I have heard that the first number of days, weeks, months (depends who you talk to) are difficult, but aparently it's amazing for the kiddos!
intime0 the reason I came to MDC was because if I mentioned not vax'ing, EBFing, co-sleeping or homebirth on any other boards, I would be attacked (and have been)on other boards. Soooooo, while I don't do EVERYTHING that I've learned about here...the point is that I'VE LEARNED about it at the very least. I think that's mostly what this site is all about. Talking about and promoting the less mainstream without it getting all nasty and "heated" like on other boards. I...
kidzaplenty - I found this "googling" and thought that if you were less than 5.5w pregnant it might make you feel better! http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,5986,00.html I don't know what's on the rest of the site, as I've never been... but this seems comforting. AFM: I don't really 'feel' PG either. No ausea, no tenderness in my breasts (and i'm nursing) just fatigued more than usual I guess. I have my first appointment with my midwives on JUne 4th (should...
January 4th for me! Although it was my first PPAF that we got pregnant after, so my cycles may have been wonky. Judging by my BFNs I would say the DD could be around the 10th if I was to wager a guess.
very cool! Thanks
Well my birth with DS was an induction due to GBS+ and broken water (of course, just my luck!) antibiotics, epi, tearing... pretty much everything but the C/S and so I am hoping (since this is our last child) that I can have a quiet homebirth (maybe not that quiet :P) for DC#2 My family would hit the roof if I told them what I was planning on doing because "what if something goes wrong?" is their favorite question. You should have heard my mother when she found out we...
Good luck this afternoon! At least you can breathe a sigh of relief once you see your bean!
* a handful of raw walnuts (I actually eat 5 before a meal so I don't overeat) * whole wheat crackers or veggie sticks and roasted red pepper hummus * vegetable soup (I freeze in 1C portions) * fruit salad * english muffin pizza (pizza sauce and mozzarella and toast in toaster oven) * guacamole and slices of baked pita
I'm craving veggies and fish. My mom makes an amazing pasta with smoked salmon, chives, capers, celery, tomato and olive oil that is to die for and I've been craving it all week. Tomorrow night her and dad are coming to my place to make it for me! As for supplements: I'm currently taking New Chapter Multi for Two (Canada) Folic Acid Vit. D and I'm going to be adding sodium ascorbate and cod liver oil in...