or Connect

Posts by Round2

I am jumping over to this thread from September's, where I promised myself 4 hours lsat week and a budget. Well, I did get at least four hours in because I was working on the paid copy editor for a nutrition newsletter gig. I almost feel like it's cheating to count that, but, hey, it's my WAHM stuff and it's a priority! I did the budget so now I am trying to come up with a new goal for November maybe. For this coming week, I finally finished my profile for Demand so I am...
Quote: Originally Posted by thismamadances I'm in, Round 2. 4 hours/week seems doable for me, too. GREAT! See you in the October thread!!!
I think the challenge I need is a TIME and ATTENTION challenge. I think I need need to carve out a certain number of hours per week and devote 100% of my attention during that time. So, my challenge is going to be to add 4 hours this week of devoted writing time. I am going to track my estimated income during the week so that once I get my budget straight, I can set a monetary goal for a family vacation!!! That will be motivating. So... 4 hours of devoted writing. 1 hour...
I need some motivation! Who's up for a challenge?
Quote: Originally Posted by FeelingBlessed If I was to select just one of the following to strike up a relationship with, which would you recommend (or is there a better option not listed): Associated Content, Suite 101, or Mahalo? Hi FeelingBlessed! I have only a little bit of experience with Suite101 and just signed up for Demand Studios to write for their Livestrong.com website. I chose Suite101 over Associated Content because the writers...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1jooj Next time I post here, it will be with good news about my own writing. Promise. I was just going to say I think we all need some positive thinking on our writing! I was driving home from preschool drop off today repeating over and over to myself "I will be efficient. I will be productive. I will appreciate the opportunity to achieve my goals."..."I AM efficient. I AM productive. I appreciate the opportunity to...
Congrats Aufilia! The bid was through guru, right? Nice work on the outline, too. One step at a time, right?
Quote: Originally Posted by Aufilia I've used Wordpress and it's fine, too. I choose Blogger in case my blog happens to get massively popular, 'cause you can easily add advertising to a Blogger blog. Good to know Aufilia, thanks! Quote: Originally Posted by Aufilia I've gotten hardly anything done for Demand, even though I totally took advantage of our Y membership this week by going Mon & Tues afternoon and checking both...
Quote: Originally Posted by MissLotus Anyway, I have a question about blogs. I am finding that when looking at regular writing gigs, they often like it if you have a blog and an area of specialized interest, so my plan is to join the rest of the planet and get a blog going. I did set up an account at WordPress, for starters - just wondered if anyone has a blogging template site they like better. Also, does anyone have more than one blog? I have a...
Did it! Applied to Demand. We'll see... Penny- I like your blog! I need to get on that blogging train...