or Connect

Posts by changingseasons

I bought one from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PillowSewCute?ref=seller_info Love it. I have it hanging by the front door, so that DP can just hook it on a beltloop on the way out when he's taking DD somewhere. I also have one of the ouch pouches in my purse with homeopathic remedies and bandaids and stuff. I love that the pouch is see-though as well, so that it's obvious what is in there in case someone needs to use it in an emergency.
No, I didn't. You even quoted what I said, but I'll quote it again, bolding the important parts that you missed: "CIO in a room by themselves, or CIO in a seat by themselves (while hearing a voice) is really no different, regardless of your intention." Where in that sentence did I say anything about "a crying baby in arms"?The difference is TOUCH. If I'm really upset or scared, talking to my partner on the phone might help a little. But having him here right next to...
Settle down, people. I also had a baby with "colic" (which we actually figured out to be food allergies, and later an immune disease) who cried a LOT her first year. I never once said or implied that a crying baby in arms was the same as a crying baby in a carseat. But even so, YES- it can be damaging, regardless of your intention. I'm not saying you can always necessarily do anything about it... if a kid is sick and in pain, they are going to be sick and in pain...
You really think that an infant has the mental capacity to say, "I'm terrified right now, but I know that my mom doesn't MEAN for me to be terrified.... so I guess I'm fine."
20 minutes straight, 4 times a day is not "a few minutes." And I'm not saying that social outings aren't beneficial. Of course they are! I'm saying they aren't a need. Maybe I've learned a different definition of the word "need" than others posting here.
Sorry, I still say it's not a need. It's not like I'm saying that you have to make your 4yo sit in a chair, alone, in your living room all day. There are plenty of things you can do at home to keep a child entertained- play a game, play in the yard (if you have one), visit the neighbors (if you have them), do a craft project, INVITE A FRIEND OVER, etc. And I'm not judging at all. The OP plainly states that she HATES hearing her baby cry. And most of the posts on...
Ummmmm.... they are connected to you. Part of your body. Touching you 24/7. That is not the same as just hearing your voice, sorry.
Really? Camp is a "need"? WOW, right back at 'ya. And yes, a child who is in serious turmoil (pain/anger/sadness/trauma of any kind) should absolutely be given first priority, at that moment. It's not as though the younger one will NEVER be able to ride in a car. It's a temporary situation, which is why I said I'm sure the older one will manage just fine being at home for a few months. Daily social outings are NOT A NEED. There are plenty of things that could be...
I completely agree. CIO in a room by themselves, or CIO in a seat by themselves (while hearing a voice) is really no different, regardless of your intention. Although it might be a pita for a while, you might just have to stay home until your little one is more comfortable in the car. (I'm sure your older kiddo will turn out just fine being home-bound for 6 months or so.) Babies don't cry for no reason. Maybe the vibration of the car is frightening or painful for some...
I completely disagree. Eczema can absolutely be an IgE allergy reaction. Eggs are a common (IgE) eczema trigger. IgE reactions can have a huge range of symptoms, from mild (eczema) to severe (anaphylaxsis), and everything in between.