or Connect

Posts by my2kidz

Hi, I am new to all of these great forums, I like it here! I live in the U.S. and am half black half white. I am married to a man who is half hispanic, half mexican-indian. My husband and I have almost the same skin color, except his skin has reddish undertones and mine more tan. Our children look like a little of each of us, you can see a picture of my daughter in her blog below.
I can totally relate to you because I am biracial (white/black) and lived in Tokyo for 3 months on a modeling assignment. I got loads of positive attention and honestly loved it. There just isn't much diversity in Japan so when they see someone of a different cultural decent they do tend to gawk or comment. Teach her to love it and be proud. Encourage her to say "thank you" to the nice comments. Raise her self esteem so she learns to relish in the attention instead of...
First I put a thermal protector in my hair, either cream or spray. Then I blow dry my hair with a ionic dryer first. This is very important because biracial hair is very fragile and breaks easily. The ions help to condition and protect hair. At this point my hair is half-way straightened in under 5 minutes. Then I put away the ionic dryer and finish with the hair designer by Conair to smooth the rest of it out and either curl the ends under and or flip them. I smooth...
I am bi-racial, my mother is white and my father black. I always check both, unless it says "check only one", then I put other or whatever will benefit me the most. (educational or grant related, I check black. General info. I put white, so I am less discriminated against). I look like I am of European decent, and many people think I'm either white with a tan or of European. Since I married my husband, who is hispanic, it is often assumed that I am hispanic since I...