or Connect

Posts by angela40

maybe it was meant to be... so you could let other women know that it is NOT impossible to have a happy normal VBAC in a hospital with a hands off doctor! you may have given other women hope!
"It is my opinion that preserving your emotional and spiritual health is as important as preserving your baby's physical health. Maybe moreso, since you and baby are one throughout labor. " i absolutely disagree with this statement. after the fact, if everything turns out great, then yes. but if something happened, and baby wasn't ok, then no, i don't think anyone who has been in that situation would say that their emotional health was AS IMPORTANT OR MORESO than their...
visit www.icouldbeyourchild.org. all those kids have/had DIPG. it is truly an evil evil cancer and my heart breaks for your friend. take pictures; volunteer to read the toddlers favorite books to him/ sing his favorite lullabies... photography would be good. ugh i am so sorry they are going thru this... there are only 300 or less per year diagnosed in the US.
not trying to scare you but IF you have a true placenta accreta it is a very dangerous condition. 6 wks ago at our university hospital there were 2 patients with this condition who both delivered the same day. one spent 2 days in the ICU after receiving "only" 15 units of blood and had a hysterectomy to save her life. the other one also had a hysterectomy but it was too late. she was given over 100 units of blood. so i think you need to definitely get the MFMs (who will...
i never discount a woman's birth experience... you never know what labor will be like until you are in it... for a lucky few it isn't as painful as they feared... for a lot of women it is definitely way more painful than they imagined it would be. next time may i suggest reading and seriously doing the homework in Birthing from Within... try the Hypnobirthing again but remember it only helps if you practice it religiously... honor what you need to make it not bring up...
it may be that the cnms are worried about basically providing double care and getting reimbursed. are you using insurance for the cnm and cpm? or cash for one insurance for the other. if you are only using insurance for the cnm then they shouldn't have a problem getting reimbursed for the care they are providing though it won't be nearly as much if you have a global ob plan and they don't do the delivery. so they may be not wanting to not get paid their full fee??...
Quote: Originally Posted by mwherbs I need support probably on an equal to food shelter and water. Enough so that I sought out friend ships even at the more main stream places like LLL and the mother to mother groups- LLL atleast you are going to find more attachment parents and folks with similar parenting values- and that is what I found I wanted support for the most- sure I want support of other alternative ideas I have but that is a harder sift and...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack So much for a Radical Feminist Metaphysician's Rant for The Day.... Now to return to our originally scheduled topic of mw support for UC! actually i think this topic is deserving of its own spinoff thread.... where to put it ? i am a notorious thread killer.... but i think you are absolutely right.... and i am a board certified ob gyn... so there you go....
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack And I really hear you about feeling too alone--IMO, a sense of isolation is one of the very worst stressors for a new mom to face. Also IMO, this is at the foundation of most PPD. It is a time when a woman (and her baby and partner) most need to feel belonging in community, and be able to draw upon the emotional support and wisdom of others. : i think this is singlehandedly the best comment i have read in...
charleston is a great place to live w kids,imo. crunchier people tend to live in west ashley though there are also several in summerville and mount pleasant (where i live). there is a great group of natural parenting moms here called family playtime i believe they have a website by the same name. the county parks are great and in mt pleasant the recreation dept is wonderful with inexpensive summer camps tball etc. the elementary schools in mt p and on daniel island are...