or Connect

Posts by lightheartedmom

This is the mothership if you're looking for things related to homebirth. Bay Area Homebirth Collective http://bayareahomebirth.org
I get emails regarding this thread a few times a year, so I figured I'd update it...I never found a Christian midwife in SF. I cannot say I ended up looking terribly hard because we ended up not being in a place where homebirthing was an option. The baby I was pg with in the original post was born at St. Luke's in the Mission and so was her baby sister, 3 years later. With each, I was able to have beautiful, low intervention births and I cannot say enough good things about...
Hi Mushymommy, OP here :-) I researched this for weeks and ultimately I've put the plan on the backburner indefinitely. Instead I'm pursuing becoming a leader with La Leche League. The amount of actual class time required to become an LC isn't feasible right now for my life with three kids. I talked with an LC who went through the UCSD program and she said it's basically impossible to get someone to mentor you through the clinical hours part of pathway 3. And for the UCSD...
Viola, the general Ed classes and possible pre-reqs has been an obstacle for me too. I read about a few places where you can do them all online so I'm looking into that right now.
So helpful! Thank you for de-lurking to share your experience! Did you by any chance go through the LER program before going to UCSD? :/ that's what I'm looking into at the moment...I haven't found a local program that will provide internship locations. I am in CA, SF bay area.Your post, again, super helpful. Thank you! Also note to self, I need to learn Spanish. ;-)
I am considering starting the training to become a certified lactation consultant and I want to hear from other mom's who have done pathway 3 (in other words, those who weren't already RN's, or other HCP's). I have three children ages 7 and under and I'm a home school mom, so I have a pretty full plate. Becoming an LC is something I've wanted to do for years and my husband recently encouraged me to basically get off the fence about the stuff I'm interested in and start...
I am considering starting the training to become a certified lactation consultant and I want to hear from other mom's who have done pathway 3 (in other words, those who weren't already RN's, or other HCP's). I have three children ages 7 and under and I'm a home school mom, so I have a pretty full plate. Becoming an LC is something I've wanted to do for years and my husband recently encouraged me to basically get off the fence about the stuff I'm interested in and start...
I've been following along here and there, not taking time to update at all. :-) Nice to check in on all of you once in awhile though!Astria - you just described my life. And my third born...maybe something about our May/Taurus/Water Dragon babies? C is all about climbing, treasure hunting, trying to be a big kid and Not. Sleeping. She might as well be a 2 month old with the night wakings. And not a lot of naps.And I have been telling my husband how I feel like I got sort...
So...DD has some big dental issues related to poor enamel and aggressive plaque buildup. DH took her today for her first dentist appt in almost 5 years (also: anxiety about dentists). We chose someone who was highly recommended by the yahoo alternative kids teeth group and who does ozone therapy. But I specifically talked about it with dH before and we agreed that he would just say no to everything (fluroide, xrays, etc) and just do cleaning + consult and we'd talk about...
I sent you a PM about where we do live but I just wanted to add...Living in SF with a family of four is probably going to be...really hard. It can be done, I know families that do it...but it's hard. And honestly your husbands' commute might not be much better in SF than it would be if you were living somewhere down the peninsula. My DH hates commuting, so for us moving to the East Bay (you have to cross a bridge to get here ;-)) was always out of the question. Since we...