or Connect

Posts by natural&organicmom

Folks,   I had my placenta preserved into capsules in October 2010 and I was wondering if you think it might be helful with the stress and anxiety I am experiencing now. I  know postpartum it was terrific.  I felt great even though I was sleep deprived.  No problems with depression and my energy levels were great.    Thanks for you feedback!
Another update!  The baby's heartrate has been normal for over 4 weeks and no other signs or problems.  As I suspected it was stressed because of the stress I was under. I'm looking forward to my 3rd homebirth!   PTL!!    
I mistyped - meant to say nipple pain was NOT too bad. Sorry!
Forgot to add that the nipple pain was bad. I had problems with my second and began to wean her because I was working, but not so much between two and three. As the pregnancy progresses it wore off. First trimester may mist challenging with that.
Well, I just ended a three year stint of continuous breastfeeding and experienced no problems. In fact, I was encouraged to do it. I also bought the only two books on the market that have information on tandem breastfeeding and they were a little helpful. I did make sure that when I awoke in the morning that my newborn got the first feeding because my toddler could clean me out. I only fed them together when I started working again full-time and was pressed for time. ...
Praise God! The baby has been normal for over a week now. I bought a Doppler and have checked it almost every morning and night. While it is resting it has been in the 120s and the highest I've detected while active has been in the 150s. My midwife also checked it and it was 140-170 during the mid afternoon while awake and active. I had a second ECG and it was normal before and after the ECG. Now that I am not struggling to breathe myself I am happy to see the baby...
I had the same problem with my 2nd and 3rd births (both HBACs).  It was really intense during the labor of my second birth.  Turns out it was the iliac-soaz muscle on the right side which presented itself clearly when I tried to return to running several weeks after delivery.  I've been doing physical therapy for 3 years before the pelvic/hip rotation and twist finally resolved at the beginning of this pregnancy.  In the third birth it turns out it was my huge placenta...
I am pregnant w/ my 4th, my last two births were at home, no complications. First birth, I was put on a clock and pressured to have a c-sect after 20 hours of back labor w/o any drugs due to my water leaking and being in labor so long. I later found out I could have refused. None- the-less, this pregnancy has been pretty good except my first u/s indicated placenta previa - not unusual. After consulting with my midwife, I opted for the more advanced stage 2 u/s to rule...
Very interesting!  Thanks so much.  I had no idea the cravings could be associated with candida. I have oil of oregano on hand, but I have to be sure if I can use it while breastfeeding.  I'll definitely look into the thyroid, although I think it may be more of the cravings and hormonal problem.  This time I am losing the weight and only a couple more to go to get back to pre-partum weight.  Then to work on the other 30 lbs.  I think it is going to take a huge commitment...
Not sure why or how you had low supply, but I was able to tandem, even with working recently.  In my opinion there are some really challenging things emotionally to tandem breastfeed especially with a 22 month old (that's age she was when our newborn was born).  My toddler is now 26 months and still has it at night, although was weaned off of on demand to morning, noon, & night because her desire to nurse significantly increased and with working I could not keep up with...