or Connect

Posts by radishes

I posted this in Learning at Home, too. I have to register my daughter next year, when she is 8, with the Philadelphia SD, as a home-schooler. I've been reading things on the internet that have been making me extremely nervous about doing this, particularly after having had a bad experience with them last year, when I filed a notice of intent to home-school because there was talk of the compulsory school age being lowered to 6. Anyway, I ended up talking to a lawyer, not...
I'm going to post this in PA Tribes too. I have to register my daughter next year, when she is 8, with the Philadelphia SD, as a home-schooler. I've been reading things on the internet that have been making me extremely nervous about doing this, particularly after having had a bad experience with them last year, when I filed a notice of intent to home-school because there was talk of the compulsory school age being lowered to 6. Anyway, I ended up talking to a lawyer, not...
UPDATE! Well, let this be a warning to those of you in Philly. If they contact you and you give them the name of your doctor, they can and will, by the law, compel your doctor to release your child's immunization information to update their registry. My doctor's office called back this morning and she said they received a notice and they have to release the the records. This is EVEN if your provider is OUTSIDE Philly. If you don't want to be on the registry, I guess you...
Hey, I assume we are the same religion, (your name and icon) and the reason we don't vaccinate out of many, many, many, other reason is because some of the vaccinations do use pig, monkey, and human fetal tissue to grow the disease on. I know that plenty of people in my community don't have a problem with that because they consider vaccines to be medicine, but well, I do. I don't see why you can't use that for your excuse and hey, if they want to think you are a...
I didn't use cloth at all on my 1st because I had to change so many cloth diapers (the old fashioned kind) on my younger siblings that I was completely against having to go through that again. Five years later sees me pregnant with my 2nd. I wanted to do part time EC, cloth, and very few disposables. I was totally overwhelmed by the cloth choices, and ended up with prefolds and plastic pants, cheaper and hey, they actually work! Anyhow, baby is born. She is tiny, as in...
Well, what was weird was when they called the 2nd time, and found out our Doctor was outside Philly limits, she started asking me why I went there, don't I want to go somewhere closer, and asked me if I would give her our vaccination records over the phone. That's when I said I wasn't going to speak with her anymore, she just kept talking so I finally said goodbye, and hung up. I do plan on homeschooling and as far as I know, we have religious, medical and a personal...
Hi, I just need some opinions and support on this. I have 2 girls, 7 years and 11 months, neither are vaccinated at all. Recently, I was contacted by letter, then by phone, by an outreach program that coordinates with the Philadelphia Department of Health because my youngest child was shown on their Kid's Immunization Registry as being "immunization delayed." I went on their website and it stated that doctors in Philadelphia are required by city regulation to report every...
My first daughter slept through the night at 4 months - no sleep training, just and easy baby. My next one, er, not so much. I decided to limit her night feeding because I was at my wit's end and nearly unable to care for both children. I also noticed that she didn't actually nurse much in terms of eating, it was more just having the nipple in her mouth, so I felt that I wasn't depriving her of food when she was hungry. I picked 2 times a night when I would feed her (she...
I went through this with my daughter (though not because she had a previous accident) and the situations sound very similar, even down to her being a very well behaved, home-schooled, only child (at the time, not now) who loved being with adults.She and I are anxious by nature, with my own anxiety and insomnia starting at 6. We are also both worriers. I've totally been through this. You might want to think about bringing in the car something like a small potty because even...
I'd wean first. I think you shouldn't do both at the same time - too much, especially as he sounds freaked out about the crib. But if you wean him and he still bed-shares, and then you slowly work him into his own bed, like another poster suggested, you won't have to go and nurse him at night in his own bed, which you would have to do if you didn't wean him first. You have to do a combo of what works for both of you.