or Connect

Posts by michellebelle

THANK YOU!  I really had no idea that her tongue tie could be a problem this late in the game.  I have an IBCLC that helped me with my first and I will give her a call. 
I have never actually plotted her on the WHO chart, but it looks like while she does dip a little, it's nowhere near as dramatic as it was on my ped's chart, so that makes me feel a little better.  I'm still concerned that she gained zero weight, though.  Slow weight gain I would be okay with, but no weight gain just makes me think something is wrong.   It's also good to hear that it's unusual for a late permanent dip in milk supply, but to answer your other questions,...
I had supply problems from the beginning with my first, and used domperidone through the entire first year to successfully breastfeed DS. DD and I have had a wonderful bfing relationship from the start, but now, at 9 months, I feel like my supply is GONE...overnight! As in, it was so dramatic that I wondered if I was pregnant (I am not). She has never taken a bottle, a binkie, sucked her thumb, etc. So, nothing has changed in that respect. She just started eating...
Ahhh, no. It's been 2.5 years with DS and I still get teary reading this book to him. In fact, I get teary thinking about it...
Another vote for NW OBGYN here. Dr. Barrong was my doctor for both of my pregnancies and births and I couldn't have been happier with him...he is wonderful! I've seen Sara Holt as well and I loved her, too!
Quote: Originally Posted by mamakaikai Hello mamas, I'm not a c/s mama but I just wanted to stop by and give you all some love and support. A birth is a birth is a birth is a birth!!! And every birth deserves to be Celebrated!!!! All of our babies are awesome and all of us mamas are strong powerful women, regardless of which way baby is born. Birth is incredibly powerful and don't for a second let anyone take that power away from you. It's within you,...
Your DD sounds almost exactly like my DS (2 years 3 months), only his nighttime sleep goes from 8-8:30 until 6:00am. Nap is anywhere from 1.5-3 hours. Until about a month ago, bedtime was 7:00-7:30, but he just all of a sudden started fighting going to sleep and/or waking up super, super early...like 4:00am early. We moved his bedtime up and all is great again.
I don't think there's anything wrong with using Mae, either. But from your other list, I like Ingrid the best.
Has anyone actually listened to tracks on the birth ball like they suggest in the book? I haven't tried it yet, but am wondering how you turn your lightswitch off while on the ball? Wouldn't you just kind of roll/slither off?
Quote: Originally Posted by chattyprincess Why is it though that every time I start the cd and the lady starts talking my baby goes like NUTSO, twirling punching and gerenerally freaking out...lol. I'd LOVE to know this, too!!! My baby does the EXACT same thing...it's like she's turning cartwheels in there or something...