or Connect

Posts by WildKingdom

How long is long enough?   Seriously.  Years?  Decades?  New drugs will never come to market with requirements like that.  Who is going to fund years and years of research with no return on investment.  As is, less than 1/5 of drugs that start the testing process actually come to fruition.   The US has one of the most stringent approval processes in the world.  Medications that come to market here have often already been extensively in use in other countries.   I'd...
[quote name="MountainMamaGC" url="/community/t/1365210/parade-article-why-so-many-parents-are-delaying-or-skipping-vaccines/40#post_17149448"] But how can the evidence suggest otherwise, when no true double blind placebo trials exist, and we have a passive reporting system where only 1-10% of reactions are reported, and doctors are trained to believe the correlation does not equal causation. So if my child has a seizure the next day, its not tied to the vaccine, and not...
Again, both of those articles are just reviews of literature.  I have no idea if she cherry-picked data or not, that's why systematic reviews of literature are really not that valuable on their own.  They are used in one of two ways: 1) as a jumping off point to develop a hypothesis, which is then tested, or 2) to use a large series off ALL data that meets criteria to do a meta-analysis.   Here's a meta analysis regarding HPV vaccination;...
  Sorry. This one.  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1364533/found-you-in-quest-of-an-answer-to-the-vaccination-question/40         Are you publishing work related to arsenic in rice while being funded by a group that is anti-rice?         I'm not saying to dismiss meta-analyses.  Far from it.  However, she has not performed a meta-analysis.  Just a systematic review.   http://www.researchcore.org/faq/answers.php?recID=5   Japonica asked if there was anything wrong...
Ahhhhhh.  That felt good.   I think my world is now going to be a whole lot nicer.
  What in the WORLD are you talking about?  All I did was give the source of the study that is cited.     You know, Taxi.  I've never put anyone on ignore before.  Congratulations.  
    No.  I am talking about a specific person who is funded by a group whose sole purpose is to try to relate autism to vaccines.  Way to generalize my statement there.  Stop trying to put words in my mouth.
  I agree.  And I think it's one of the stupidist public relation moves that the FDA ever made.
I'm just pointing out her conflicts of interest.   People seem to think it's very important to point them out anytime a pro-vax study is brought up (and it is important, but what is good for the goose is good for the gander).   As for your question about if there is a valid, scientific flaw in her work- well, she doesn't do her own research.  As far as I can tell, all of her publications are letters to the editor, opinion articles, and reviews of other studies.  No...
see my post here, #58I found 64 randomized placebo controlled double blind studies.