or Connect

Posts by henny penny

Love Mothering on fb!
Thank you! You answered all my questions. Since I want long flowing, "style-able" hair I'll probably sew on a small crochet cap for the crown (to save time and eliminate the problem of too much hair)  and then do a full hairline of individual strands. But I've also seen hair done with a base layer of yarn embroidered to cover the scalp (just flat stitches) and then individual strands sewn over that. Hmmm, may do that instead of the crochet cap since I don't crochet!...
Yes! That's it! She is adorable. So, you did individual strands for hairline and part; what did you do to fill in the rest?
Can this be done? Would the hair end up too full for the doll's head? I've read that pulling the yarn through the skin fabric is difficult and seems like it could weaken the whole skin. What if I sewed individual yarn on with needle and thread? I don't like how the hair line of the crochet cap looks. Maybe I should do a smaller crochet cap and sew individual yarn to define the hairline in a more natural looking way. Looking for any tips or advice; I'm new at hair (I've...
Can anyone link me to an article or other information about how tv is soooo inappropriate for young (any!) children. My ds is 3 and all my parents want to do is watch tv with him. I've expressed over and over the reasons we don't have tv and how it is not just a silly notion of mine but I believe it to be damaging to young brains and potentially causes behavior problems. And my ds is a very, very sensitive child so the damage is compounded. This has been going on for 3...
Can anyone link me to an article or other information about how tv is soooo inappropriate for young (any!) children. My ds is 3 and all my parents want to do is watch tv with him. I've expressed over and over the reasons we don't have tv and how it is not just a silly notion of mine but I believe it to be damaging to young brains and potentially causes behavior problems. And my ds is a very, very sensitive child so the damage is compounded. This has been going on for 3...
Oh, lovely SimpleGrace! The simple, "spare", beauty of your Candlemas really speaks to me. It's full of anticipation!  I think we'll try to pare down our celebration for next year.
We are just beginning to celebrate Candlemas too. Last year we dipped beeswax candles at our Parent/child class and used those for our dinner candles that night. This year we started the morning with pancakes with pumpkin mixed in to symbolize the warmth and color of the sun. I'm telling a puppet play this afternoon about hibernating animals emerging to meet the coming Spring and we'll sort through our garden seeds and perhaps leave them out on the porch for St Brigid to...
Ugh. I was in your shoes. One dose of Phillips Milk of Magnesia did the trick.
I bought and immediately froze some deli lunchmeat from Whole Foods right before dd was born last May. It was lost in the freezer until now. Can I still eat it? It's been about 7 months.....