or Connect

Posts by bendmom

(NAK) Hi Ladies, This is my fourth and a total surprise we were not planning. We didn't find out till I was almost 3m! I was on the pill so I thought all the weight gain was from the hormones, and since I eat a variation of the Paleo diet due to J's allergies, the gain isn't as much as before. We are using the same midwife and assistant as the last time, and I am going in for an ultrasound so we can get a better idea of when I'm due. I guess then I'll get in on the...
J is anaphalactic to egg, peanut, and dairy. So rough. Also highly allergic to fish, wheat gluten, and soy. We did a blood test and the skin prick test. After the ER visit from egg, it was worth the $60 test from the allergist. If you don't figure it out when they are just starting out wtih it, it can get worse as the body grows. We eat a modified version of the Paleo Diet. You can look it up, but it's pretty much meat, fruit, veggies. We do rice, quinoa, coconut milk,...
 This made me laugh! I am experiencing the same. My hair comes out in clumps, my skin is crazy oily, and I have a 5 o'clock shadow under my eyes as soon as I wake up. I love bf hormones. Also, I cannot stand Avalon products, or most all natural products for my hair. I use the Suave knock off version for chemicaly treated hair even though it isn't. My hair has never been so soft and shiny.
I second "survival mode". I would always tell myself "this to shall pass". Now I say it to myself all the time :) I think that the marriage is the most important relationship in the family. You guys have to find someone to take the kids for just 2 hours and get away from the house. It's imperative. My ex-husband and I didn't want anyone to watch our youngest. We never went out or spent time together without our boys. It took it's toll in more ways than one.   I teach...
Commiserating. I am feeling OLD co-sleeping with my 3rd. My hips hurt with the first two, but this time my neck, shoulder, and back are so cramped up every morning, sometimes I want to cry it's all so tight. Yoga isn't really making it any better either, and I teach! I def. have started teaching off the mat a ton, almost no time on the mat. I'm to tight to demonstrate anything, and I'm afraid I will injure myself in front of my students as well. I think I need weekly...
My first never cared for it, and I didnt care to to keep trying it on him, since I was at home and didn't need it. My second was given one in the nicu all the time and I would have to come in and beg the nurses to stop. He sucked on one at home for about a month but didn't care for it. My 3rd? She wouldn't stop sucking her little fist from the moment she left the womb. She was sucking her fist so hard and often she gave herself blisters on her fist. She is 5 month old,...
Back in 97 I tried an Iyengar clas, and ended up passing out in a backbend because the teacher was taking so long to discuss how we should "be" in the pose. I tried Bikram, but got yelled at, twice, for leaving the room to get water. THe room smelled like urine (you sweat your urine through your pores when your body has nothing left to give) and I hated doing the same sequence over and over. I run, swim, bike, hike, tri, etc, and gave up  yoga for things I really...
Hi momma, I am in the same boat. After 10+ years of a horrible marriage I moved out. He cancelled our bank accounts (they were all in his name), and before I could even find a job, open a bank account, find a place to live, he got a lawer and sought full custody. I had been a stay at home mom for that entire time, and lost both my boys. I see them on Wed. and Sat. They stay the night sometimes on the weekends. It was so god aweful going through it the first year. People...
We're having a bit of an issue here. Jardin hasn't had a bowel movement for going on 3 days now. Has anyone else dealt with this?
Wow! Congrats! I just told this to D. and he freaked out and said he thought it was a sure thing that ebf kept us from getting pregnant now that we've been dtd for the last 2 weeks. Then he ran up the stairs happily yelling "We're gonna have another!" I agree with quiver, children are wonderful. I have a grocery bag from Lululemon that has a bunch of sayings on it. One of them says "Children are like Orgasms, you never know how wonderful they are until you have one."