or Connect

Posts by damona

as a mom who is currently dealing with cps because of my neighbour calling them and saying that my children are neglected and my house is dirty because my kids got head lice from someone just before school ended.... that list just makes me cringe. yes, child abuse is serious. yes, it needs to be taken seriously. yes, many of the things on that list are signs of abuse, especially if there are several of them. but. if people are calling in cps because a kid has some...
i am utterly terrified to ask "what can possibly happen now?", because i really, truly, don't want to know. about a month ago, all 4 of my kids had lice. it was gross, etc, but i dealt with it and got rid of it. washing, combing, bleaching sheets, i did everything i could think of. 2 weeks ago, a dhhs worker showed up on my doorstep telling me that they received a call that i'm "neglecting my children" and i "have a dirty house." i believe this was via a rather strange...
i alternate using rice, almond, hemp, coconut and soy with my dairy free kids. sometimes i get powdered dari-free and use that. i don't have a regular rotation, just whatever i have coupons for or is on sale or something. once in awhile they get goats milk. my other kids drink cows milk.
Quote: Originally Posted by azgirl Here's the thing: I DO think this makes you amazing. Routines and discipline really help, but you accomplish a lot more than some women can. I swear, some people are just gifted and others were raised in such a way that the habits and skills to be a good homemaker become second nature. For those of us who didn't...accomplishing what you do seems miraculous this is how i feel. my mom kept a very clean house...
oh my goodness... i almost cried reading your story. that must have been so scary for both of you. 's for you and your little boy
i only eat cottage cheese with salt and a bit of black pepper. dh eats his with pineapple tidbits and mandarin oranges. my friend eats his with chopped up pears or peaches, or plain with season salt.
i have no idea about the waffles or quiche... maybe do a small batch as a trial run? i have a recipe for buckwheat pancakes that do freeze pretty well, if you want you can pm me for it. about the pasta, my suggestion to you is to freeze the sauces, but not the pasta. it's easy enough to boil up a big pot of pasta and it will keep in the fridge for a couple days, just dunk it in boiling water for a minute or 2 to freshen it and heat it. i sometimes make big batches of...
i make my own tortilla chips. i buy one of those huge bags of corn tortillas and use a pizza wheel to cut each one into 6 or 8 triangles. then i line them up on a cookie sheet, spray lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, garlic salt, or cinnamon and sugar, and bake at about 250F until they're crunchy (20-30 min, usually) my kids go through these like crazy, and they don't take much time at all. sometimes i'll make a big plate of finger sandwiches of various...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ I doubt any money I earn will lend us a profit, after transportation costs and our likely loss of all food and health insurance aid. this is our issue, too. once you factor in childcare, and loss of food stamps and healthcare, it's just not even worth it to work. i've done the math, and it works out to our having LESS money to live on if i were to go to work. i do pick up cash jobs here and...
i voted my #1 ds. he's like the proverbial elephant that never forgets. i don't dare promise him anything, b/c he will never forgive if something happens and we can't do whatever it was i promised. he doesn't care if someone comes down with smallpox, he will not let you forget that you didn't do what you said you would do. just today he was howling that i didn't take him to hallmark to buy a webkinz toy b/c "you promised, mom!" i said "oh no i did not! i know better! i...