or Connect

Posts by damona

waiting2be, can you talk to the library people and see if they'll drop the fines if you pay for the books (if that would be less than the fines), or freeze the fines or something? lots of times they will be co-operative about things like that. as far as forgetting your meds, try taping the bottle to the bathroom mirror. or on the handle of your hair brush, or something else that you will use and see every day. that's what i used to do with my bc pills, otherwise i would...
i don't have any words of wisdom, but i couldn't read this and not offer 's. all i can really say is, take care of yourself and love your kids and you guys will get through this.
would it be really pathetic if i admitted that i almost forgot about this thread until it was on the first page again? yeah... did my house get magically organized? ahahahaahahaaaha. no. not at all. the day after school was out, i realized that my little darling first grader had brought home a going away from school present to share with all his brothers. yes, that's right, it rhymes with "rice". i had to shave all of them, wash everything... and do it all with...
i went to a wedding this past saturday. one of my oldest and dearest friends. she not only invited me to bring my kids, she downright insisted on it. frankly, it was one of the most nerve-wracking experiences i've had in a long time. i have 4 hyperactive little boys. the older 2 were alright, but they got bored with all the sitting and waiting and all the speeches and so on, so they got wiggly and whiny. the younger 2 were all over the place. i practically had to sit on my...
i can't believe i just spotted this thread. i hardly ever get to sleep before 5am these days. i am so exhausted all the time, it's ridiculous. there are days that i literally crawl up the stairs because walking is too difficult (i can't believe i just admitted that). i feel like i'm walking through waist high water. most days, i get about 2 hours of sleep, get up, get kids settled, then when dh gets home (he works third), i crash again for another 2 or 3 hours, until...
my oldest ds is not a terribly "likeable" child. he's always had a hair-trigger temper, is very over-dramatic (will force himself to throw up from crying), and will drag up things that happened when he was 3 to "prove" how mean we are, or whatever point he's trying to make. he's also very loud, fast-talking, and generally the most rambunctious. i love him dearly, he's my first-born baby, but he's quite hard to actually like, and, honestly, has been since infancy. i...
i'm curious as to why you're cutting out dairy. is it your own trouble with it or does it bother your lo (if you're nursing?)? i'm asking, b/c i was wondering if you've tried goat or sheep cheeses, or buffalo mozzerella. my 7yo ds is cows milk dairy intolerant, but he can have a small amount of goats milk cheese without adverse effects, and i can use goats milk in baking, although he can't drink it plain. nutritional yeast has a cheesy kind of flavour, so i add a bit of...
well, by this morning, they all were crawling. the boys all elected to have their heads shaved. i have to admit, i nearly cried when i buzzed my 5yo. his hair was dark blond, wavy/curly, and to his waist. i combed and combed and combed, and coated them all in the mayo and put shower caps on, which should keep the heat up and help, too. i soaked my head in vinegar and braided it as tight as i could, still wet. my dh panicked and went and got his head shaved,...
well, the title just about says it all. my 9yo ds has head lice. i picked out the ones i could find, and i don't think i saw any nits or larvae, but i'm stilll grossed and freaked. his hair is buzzed to about a half inch already. i've been told to slather him with mayo and wrap his head in plastic for a couple hours, then rinse with water, then white vinegar, then water. and to comb and comb after. does anyone know if this will work? should i just shave him completely...
thanks, everyone for the support childsplay, they both take concerta for the adhd. my oldest is outside from the moment he gets home until i drag him in to eat and go to bed. my 2nd is a much more "indoorsy" kind of kid. he's terrified of bugs and getting sunburned and about 500 other reasons why he won't go outside! maybe i can get him to do some exercises with me, inside. i haven't read sleepless in america, but it is now on my library list. they are just about...