or Connect

Posts by damona

i'm not sure whether to say "yay! school is almost out!" or "oh dear heaven, school is almost out!" this summer is certainly going to be interesting. my mom is still not talking to me. well, not literally talking. she has texted me a few times. better than nothing, i suppose. i am so tired and stressed out, and our annual inspections are coming up, which is just adding to it. i have 2 walls with huge holes (grr... children...) that i have to patch, and a room to be...
my 9yo has aspergers and adhd. i do medicate for the adhd, b/c otherwise he is just a total space case and can't sit still for 2 seconds. school was beyond challenging, they were telling me that if he wasn't medicated they were going to request that he be pulled out. (hey, 3 years later, and i'm pulling him voluntarily to homeschool. but anyway.) i also have an 11yo with severe adhd, a 7yo with pdd-nos and food sensitivities, and a 5yo with adhd and food...
legos. i'm really good at stepping on one of the bigger ones, right under the arch of my foot. i also voted for jacks. those things can actually puncture skin if you step on them just right.
my kids are all 2-3 years apart, but my sister is 10 years younger than i am. it was just the 2 of us. as the older, i got stuck with a lot of babysitting, and it was a huge pain. i mean, i was willing to help out, but dragging my 5yo sis on dates was... yeah. no. not cool. fortunately, DH was very understanding! i suppose that the spacing doesn't matter too much, as long as you don't end up relying on the older one(s) to take care of the little one(s) too much, ykwim?
i reallyreallyreally appreciate all the advice. and all the links! you guys are great. i've been arguing with the public school system about this for years. he started in the early childhood program at 3 1/2 and, ever since, it's been one battle after another. this years' main issue was that he refused to do his homework and turn it in. he's basically failing everything, but they just keep passing him through, b/c they "don't believe it's right to hold kids back"....
i am completely new to this area. i have no idea what i'm doing yet i'm strongly considering pulling my 9yo ds from public school and homeschooling him next year. he is in favour of the idea. the problem is... i have no idea what i'm doing! here's the deal... he's going into 3rd grade. he has aspergers. the school insists that they are doing the best they can, but he can't read, can barely do math, and has as little interaction with other kids as possible. i...
oh man, i thought it was just me!
writteninkursive, i'm very glad you are doing better now. i seem to advocate this for every type of skin irritation, but i swear it works... a warm bath, with a cup or so of apple cider vinegar and a half cup of regular table salt. i have used this for these rashes, for yeast infections, for when my c-section scar gets irritated... it even soothed the itching from chicken pox when my kids had it 2 years ago! i can't use any commercial pads or tampons anymore....
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyNY ETA: When you call CPS, tell them about the guns. A guy with rage/anger problems + guns = potentially bad scenario. I'm sure that's information they'd like to have. definitely!
i wasn't sure where to put this, i figured this was the best spot. it's 10:30pm and my 2 older boys are upstairs arguing and fussing at each other and making a lot of noise. they share a room. my 2 younger boys are sound asleep in their room, thank goodness. we go through this about 3 or 4 nights a week. these 2 seem to function just fine on about 2 hours or less of sleep, and i am getting completely exhausted with dealing with this. by the time they finally settle...