or Connect

Posts by damona

i know a bunch of sun burn home remedies. i'm a natural redhead. i used to tell people i was caspers' little sister, since i am so pale. i literally burn in 10 minutes. cold milk compresses. raw works best, but skim won't really help. 1 or 2% works best. cucumber. wash a cucumber, put it in the blender, apply the paste wherever. you can mix milk with it, too. cider vinegar compresses or a cool bath with a cup or so of cider vinegar (also good for heat rashes or...
wendy's has good salads and fruit, yogurt, and juice or water options for kids meals. also, their chili is relatively healthy. it has meat in it, tho. mcd's salads are also good, but their burgers are fairly awful (taste and health, imo!) the mc chickens and snack wraps are decent. taco bell lets you add or subtract ingredients, but you have to double check them if you order something different. can't tell you how many times we got tacos with cheese on them after...
hi i am ADD, my hubby is probably ADD, and our 4 sons are all ADHD. my house is a small, testosterone-filled circus. eta: i am constantly forgetting things... appts, meds, school stuff... i am so bad that the dr office started telling me that the kids appts are 15 min earlier than they actually are, so that we show up on time!
my oldest son took jazz, ballet, tap and modern for about a semester, a couple of years ago. then the boys at school found out he loved dance, and that was the end of that. he was going to a small private studio in town. there was one other boy about 2 years older than him, and 2 late teen/early 20's boys. the boys wore black leggings and white tshirts. our studio was really good with these boys. they worked them into the dances for the show and didn't just have...
i chose sometimes. i generally feed all the kids together, and DH and i will eat if we're hungry, but if it's hot, or dinner is something i've been fussing with all day, i'm frequently not hungry by dinner time, anyway. the boys usually sit on the living room floor to eat. my kitchen is far too small for all of us to sit comfortably, and there is no other place to put a table. i miss my old house! i let the kids take turns picking a movie to watch while they eat....
so, it's hotter than... well, it's hot. what is everyone's "too hot to cook" faves? i make a greek-style summer salad that is just chunks of cucumber, sweet onion, and tomato, with homemade greek dressing - olive oil, lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar), minced raw garlic, and oregano. i make the dressing in an old salsa jar, just shake it up and pour over! you can add spiral pasta (we use brown rice pasta), black olives, kalamata olives, and/or crumbled feta....
i have 2 sons on the spectrum. they are 7 and 8, now. my older one we had no idea about his issues until he was about 4, the younger was dx'd by 2. my 8yo is also adhd, my 7yo has food sensitivities and is adhd but unmedicated. i also have an 11yo with adhd and anxiety issues, and a 5yo with adhd and food allergies. if you want, we can talk via pm or email
you can make your own tortilla chips. get a big pack of the small corn tortillas. cut them into triangles with a pizza wheel or sharp knife. spread on a cookie sheet. spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt or maybe garlic salt, or you can use a cinnamon and sugar mix, then bake at 300 until crunchy. my boys love these!
last time i had a yeastie, it was the worst i ever had. my skin was so irritated it was splitting. there. ow. and that was after i'd taken the pills from the dr and all. someone told me to draw a luke warm bath, add a cup of apple cider vinegar and a half cup of regular table salt. i thought they were nuts, but i was desperate, so i tried it. IT WORKS. it stops the itching and soothes the irritation. i spent hours in the tub lol. the yogurt is a big help, too.
oh, mama, 's for you! i understand about not having a lot of family help, too. both my parents (and stepparents) love their grandkids, and are generally willing to help out financially or materially, but i can count on one hand the number of times anyone has helped by babysitting, even for an hour. DH's mom has flat said she was not ready to be a grandma, and i don't think she's even changed one diaper over the last 11 years, let alone watch the kids for longer than 15...