or Connect

Posts by Montse

Funny!  I am currently reading The Woman in White!  I love Victorian lit and I'm really enjoying it!  
My all time favorite was, "Mama doonin'?" when she would ask me what I was doing.  She would also ask me, "Ellie doonin'?" when she wanted me to explain what she was doing! hahaha! 
Hi Awesome moms!   I hope I am posting in the correct forum.   We are traveling to Kuala Lumpur in a couple of weeks and am wondering about the car seat situation.    Has anyone traveled overseas with a child and what did you do about your car seat?    Any suggestions and advice will be very helpful!  Thank you!  
My daughter is confident, energetic and has a huge imagination.  I don't mind nursing; it's the frequency throughout the day that becomes so tiresome for me especially when I have to work.  I take long breaks several times a day to sit on the sofa, read and nurse.  She also lays in my lap to nurse while I'm at my desk.  I usually can't get anything done and that's when I burn out on nursing.  I feel guilty about being so tired of it.  I would be happy with nursing her...
I am having similar issues with breastfeeding my DD who turns three on Oct. 1.  She nurses every 30-40 minutes for anywhere between 2 minutes to over an hour.  I'm so over it.  I would love to know how nursing is beneficial to their confidence.     Thank you!
I am very concerned with the results of my 18 month old dd's lead level. What do I do? She plays with Melissa and Doug toys, some Fischer-Price, IKEA toys, Little Tikes, and nothing exotic. Our house has new walls and new paint so I don't think the source is coming from paint. I'm very nervous! What should I do?
My one year old started slapping my husband and I when she gets frustrated. I don't know where she learned this behavior. We've never slapped her, each other, our pets, or anything at all. It's getting bad; anytime we re-direct her from something she wants to do. The other day, she smacked a newborn in the face. She wasn't frustrated but it's something she does now and I want to break this habit. What do I do? I'm at a total loss! Thank you for any...
Quote: Originally Posted by Llyra If she's at all open to suggestions, you might point out to her that all the health organizations now recommend waiting until 6 months to start anything other than breastmilk or formula. Starting cereal early before the gut is ready to deal with solid food has been linked to lifelong digestive difficulties. And the cereal displaces the breastmilk or formula, which are so much richer in calories and essential nutrients...
Quote: Originally Posted by bodhitree It does sound like he could be teething, based on what you say about the drooling, rash, and increased frequency of pooping. Maybe you could try some homeopathic teething tablets and see if that helps? I highly recommend Hyland Teething Tablets. They were a lifesaver for us! Also, it is true that it's very common for babies to fuss a bit (or a lot!) in the evening. My DD started doing that more at around 3 mos....