or Connect

Posts by SAHDS

Thanks. It is amazing how the support of others is such a nice shoulder to lean on right now. A friend told me today that I had 1,000,000 people with me and I feel as though I'm leaning on every single one of them. Another wife and I visited the Lakewood Police Station today and it was awesome how many letters, flowers, balloons, you name it, was there. There were wreaths even from NYPD. I stayed for about 45 minutes, wrote in their books that are laid out, walked...
Tara Reid - ALL. THE. TIME.
Just bumping this thread because I was wondering who else needs support right now. The last 2 shootings (in Seattle, WA and Lakewood, WA) hit very close to home. The Lakewood shooting took place in my DH's jurisdiction one hour after he got off work and involved a very close friend - DH's partner's brother-in-law/best friend. I'm just so numb right now with DH working overtime but at last we can start the healing now. The memorial is set for Tuesday and I can't begin...
#1 - Make sure everything has a home. If it doesn't, your house will never be fully organized. Instead, you'll simply be moving items around. #2 - touch bills once. Open them, make sure they're correct, place the bill statement under the envelope flaf and place in a bill box/drawer/shelf. We keep a basket with bills, checkbook, pens, stamps and envelopes. #3 - Hands full. If you're leaving a room, take something with you that doesn't belong there. You'll be...
Pine branches, make swags and such. GREAT smell and very pretty. Do you have holly available? Berries? Nuts?
Invited company - SPOTLESS. Down to snacks, drinks, fire going, scented candle pre-lit (so it smells good by the time they arrive), all fresh handtowels, unscented candle burning in the bathrooms, inside the fridge clean, walkway/porch swept. I even make sure the interior of our car in the driveway is clean in case anyone peeks in. Wow, that is embarrassing to read. Neurotic much? Drop-in company - UGH. I would love to love drop-in company but I am too anal and too...
We've only had a playroom for the last 18 months (new house) and it is Heaven on Earth. I would freak out if the kid's rooms were filled with toys (I sure wouldn't want my bedroom filled with my craft, sewing stuff and books). I like their bedrooms to be calm and quiet spaces where they can do homework and relax. Having a playroom really works well for us. My kids are 9 and 10, though, so their playroom will soon become a "chill room" when the toys start getting lame,...
My home is fairly eclectic and while it doesn't really have a true "theme", I do have the same color scheme throughout. I think it feels cozier, more cohesive and settling that way. I like that I can take any item from any room and it will fit anywhere else in my house. The only times I deviate is the private rooms (bedrooms), but I think all public spaces should flow. I also think rooms that link together (like a joined living room, dining room) should have the...
I LOVE the Holidays. Thanksgiving is my favorite, followed by Christmas and Fourth of July. Food, family, friends. Couldn't be better. I'm not around 'bad' people, I don't care if they are my family. I choose to refrain from visiting with them if it's a negative/toxic thing. I think family has nothing to do with blood but more to do with love. I think that's the number one reason I'm so happy each year. In life, you should do what makes you happy, say what makes...
Ummmm... yeah. It's just me and the dog here from 9am - 3pm and cooking, cleaning, volunteering, baking, running errands and shopping can only fill up so many hours.