or Connect

Posts by IlluminatedAttic

My sister is an amazing writer and much more eloquent than I, so with permission I am posting her words here. Naomi Williams is living on hope and hugs. Join her. When you see my cousin Chrissy and her boyfriend, Jack, you think they’ve been ripped right out of an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog. They’re both tall, athletic, lean, tanned and, let’s get right down to it, beautiful. Then you spend five minutes talking to them and you realize their insides match their...
So the limit in my 2005 Kia Sorrento is 48 lbs? I looked all through the manual and it did not state a limit.
My sister's ds did this for almost a year. In the end his sleep cycle just changed but in order to cope the best thing she did was stop fighting it or trying to fix it and just changed the environment to give them both what they needed - her rest and him time awake. They took the crib down and put the mattress on the floor (think Montessori style child bed) and she had a roll-out pillow cushion thing set up right next to it. They childproofed the room completely leaving...
Not sure about your exact situation, but I nightweaned ds at 19 months out of shear exhaustion. He was still waking every 1 1/2 - 2 hours to nurse and I am not one of those mamas who can sleep through nursing. I held out as long as I could with a goal of 20 months in mind, but I was becoming a much, much less patient and motivated mama during the day so when life threw us an unexpected road trip (34 hours each way travelled in less than a week) with long stretches of night...
Naomi is the mother of an adorable 2 1/2 year old boy name Jake and as of this writing she is not expected to make it through this afternoon. Naomi is the sister of my cousin's boyfriend. A few months ago she bent over to put a plug in an electrical socket and heard a “pop,” which led to an MRI to confirm a compound fracture in her spine, which led to surgery being scheduled, which led to pre-op testing that found cancer. A lot of cancer. Stage 4 metastatic melanoma that...
I know it's a pain to uninstall and re-install your carseat, but if you can carve out a couple of days where you don't need to go anywhere then bringing the seat inside for you son the "play" with can help acclimate him to it - especially a new one. You have to supervise this of course to be sure it is stable, set it up against the couch so that it doesn't slump and let him use it as a little seat for reading or watching tv or having a snack. Especially a snack that can...
Even if she isn't licensed by the state there is still a state agency that would oversee an investigation of the care she is providing. In some states it is CPS and in others it is a segment of the licensing board. Call and find out then report what happened. The situation will be investigated and the other parents given a chance to tell how they view her care. She may be shut down or her long positive history may be taken into account and she may just be required to...
Well, unfortunately if it is your diet then the number one culprit is usually dairy, followed by soy and wheat. If you do decide to do an elimination diet it is tedious because you have to be very careful and read lots of labels (dairy, soy and wheat are in everything, even things you wouldn't think commonsense wise) and it often takes at least a couple of weeks for the offenders to completely leave your system and to see results. Also, the earlier the better to try an...
Well, personally I think the second lady is much more a risk than the first, though I only have your two examples to go by. Honestly I would have been livid with dh if he left our child in the example you describe. I would require a refund for the unused days stating breech of contract and I would contact the state. I would not leave my child in the care of someone who thought it was okay to leave the kids completely alone like that for anything more than an emergency (to...
Have you tried taking the baby to a chiropractor? It took only a couple of adjustments to cure ds's reflux.