or Connect

Posts by IlluminatedAttic

My nephew had shingles just before he turned 3. My sister's pediatrician told her it couldn't possibly be from the vaccine but he had had no other exposure. I sent her info which she took to the doctor and after reading and checking the vax label/insert sheet he admitted that yes, it was in fact the most likely cause. On a side note, when I was researching this I came across info that the spread of the vaccine in children has lead to the need to develop the shingles...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna The true fit does not allow tethering rf. So the old one has neither the ARB or tethering. -Angela Can you explain why this is? Does it have a tether for use when ff? I seem to remember our Boulevard being tethered when ds was rf, but dh always did the install so I might be mistaken, I'll have to ask him.
I had horrible restless leg issues during the last several months of my first pregnancy. I tried long walks, massage, warm baths, extra red meat, magnesium supplements, etc. - whatever my doula or moms on MDC recommended, nothing really helped. A couple of years later my sister had the same problem during her first pregnancy. This time she became pregnant a few months before me and started having RLS last winter. Over the holidays she visited her in-laws and her MIL had a...
I haven't tried the muslin blankets mentioned by the pp, though I'm going to go google them right now, but we loved the SwaddleBaby blanket. DS liked being swaddled much longer than most babies I have know, regularly until about nine months and still frequently for a few months after that, and these worked great from day one. They are HUGE but the fabric is lightweight and the contoured shape made wrapping the babe easy. Even after all the use and washings they have held...
We never used sippy cups with ds. We started with the shot-sized glasses, probably around 9 months, and later he graduated to some child-sized glasses similar to the juice glasses you get in some sets. DS may have dropped and broken a couple along the way but he was not hurt (he was sitting at the table and the glass dropped to the floor) and he learned the natural consequence of putting his glass too close to the edge. If we were going out we used the Fogoo thermos with...
So like many I have been waiting for the new True Fit Premiere to start shipping so that I could order one for my new little one coming in July. However now that I am seeing some of the pictures and reviews I'm wondering if it is really worth the extra money or if I should just get the previous model. Here are my thoughts, please correct me and/or add to them: I was under the mistaken impression that the Premiere was going to RF to 40 lbs. I don't know where I read this...
I'd probably have said something directly to her as well, but just as another option if there was/is a lifeguard on duty one could always point out the situation to them and then let them handle it. This might avoid creating an uncomfortable situation for the future if you think you'll be seeing this mom at the pool regularly. As far as drowning goes, in this case I would have been concerned about dry drowning and/or water poisoning with the baby ingesting or breathing...
Quote: Originally Posted by DahlalLotus : I'm lurking for replies! Good question! Does just Dharma have it or have you seen it in any stores? I haven't seen it in a store, but I live in an area that isn't always the greatest for finding crafting supplies. I think you should be able to find it at a store that carries a good stock of other dyeing supplies, though.
Thanks LilyGrace! So I could give people the option of sending to someone they personally know who is living in a different geographic place, or if they want they could contact me for an address from a list I will maintain. Good idea! The more I think about it the more I think I will just send Toot on the trip (he's the one that usually globe trots) and keep Puddle at home. On the blog we can document Puddle doing the extension activities inspired by his friend's...
I'm wondering if anyone has used the new iDye (dye right in your washing machine) product on their diapers, either homemade or purchased, and what your experience has been with the colorfastness of the dye. I know of one mama who used the product with beautiful color results but since she is still waiting for the arrival of her newest little family member she can't really speak to the colorfastness once the diaper is in use. The reviews at Dharma Trading are mostly good,...