or Connect

Posts by IlluminatedAttic

My ds doesn't watch much tv as a rule, but once or twice a week he watches 20 minutes of Toot & Puddle and he loves it. I knew of and liked the books from my teaching days and then discovered the show a few months ago. For those of you not familiar with the storyline it is about two pigs that take trips around the world to discover new friends and new places. The concepts are preschool level and not very in-depth but we often look at the globe to find the place they...
I was going to mention Discount School Supply too, you'll get a lot of good ideas just looking through their website. A little sand bin is great, but remember that you can change it up often. Pasta, beans, birdseed, ice cubes, snow, water, shaving cream, etc., etc. Lots of options for engaging sensory play in a small space. Also chalk for paper or a small chalkboard. Dipping chalk in different mediums - water, liquid starch, sugar water, etc. - will give different...
There is a newly formed yahoo group that was formed just for discussing the differences, pros and cons of the different Waldorf curriculums available. I just joined and there are some interesting posts already. Here is the link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waldorfcurricdiscuss/
I know that Enki is very nature based and has a seasonal rhythm to it. I'm wondering if there is much included about the summer season though? Or does it mainly focus on autumn, winter and spring since those fall into the typical school year? Does it work for those who want to school year-round?
Quote: Originally Posted by RiverTam I don't think it's a big deal, but if your sister is having a moose about it, I wouldn't do it. It's not worth the fight. If your daughter wants to participate in the toast, you could get a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling white grape juice. Maybe all of the kids could have some... with raspberries in their glasses! :
This must be so stressful and I'm sorry your little boy is feeling so bad. I would hazard a guess that although he may understand what the word sex means, the little girl may not have a clear understanding. She may think it means kissing or hugging or some sort of fondling. Letting your son know this may help alleviate some of the darkness of his feelings. I would talk to the parents. Just keep it like you stated here - you're not angry at the girl at all, just...
I like Eralyn better, too. I actually think you'll have more mispronunciations/misspellings with Victory because people will assume you/she meant Victoria. I also am not partial to the nickname Vickie, which would probably come up pretty often.
Another thumbs up for the Hackettstown midwives, I'm due with my second this summer and my care from them has been awesome. Also, Roxie and Lisa have joined Judy Hagan to now offer more homebirths.
Hendrick's Farm now has some groups doing buyer's co-ops in different parts of NJ. You could contact them to see if there is one near you. Although their item prices can be higher on the face than the Amish delivery mentioned by a pp, our family feels the quality has been much higher and the overall cost actually cheaper because the Amish farmer's delivery charges got so high. (They increased last year when fuel prices rocketed up, which we understood, but when fuel costs...
Just wanted to stop back and say thank you to the Mamas that recommended Morton Arboretum. We actually missed it on the first leg of the trip because of thunderstorms that day, but made time on our way back through and we were so glad that we did. I think it may have been the best attraction on our trip! : DS had so much fun in the children's garden that we stayed three hours longer than we planned. We will definitely keep it on the must do list for any future trips to the...