or Connect

Posts by IlluminatedAttic

A relative wants to purchase us something for the second baby but I can't decide which of these would make more sense. I wanted a hammock for ds but we couldn't afford it back then. We had a hand-me-down swing but he hated it and it fell apart when we moved (it was pretty old). We now live in a two story house so I'm thinking that one of these would be great for downstairs naps and times when the baby is awake but content so I can focus some one-on-one time with ds doing...
I'm not sure if these resources will work for your family dynamic, it depends on your philosophy. If you are teaching your children your Christian belief of Jesus as saviour alongside an educated understanding of their father's Jewish background they might work. If you are trying to educate them in a primarily Jewish belief system these will probably have too much of a Christian content for you. Explorer's Bible Study The old and new testament study guides are...
I've read the other threads that I could find, but I'm still confused and since Schiller math's sale and payment plan is almost at an end I need to decide. What I'm wondering is which one is more truly manipulative based and less worksheets? People seem to say that MUS is more hands on, but that doesn't quite make sense to me since Schiller includes so many more manipulatives in the kit and is supposed to be Montessori based which is a hands-on philosophy. But then they...
I took the test a couple of weeks ago because I do have a couple of the risk factors and came out fine. However my midwives told me about an alternative to the high-rate-of-false-positive sugar drink and had me eat a high carb breakfast instead. I think it was two eggs, two pieces of toast, 4 oz. of oj and 8 oz of milk, (There may have been one more item, I can look for the paperwork if someone needs it.) then take the blood test as usual at one hour. This was much more...
I'm in the "not my choice but I don't think it's rude" camp. My weddings (yes, plural) were both very kid friendly. At the first one we even had a separate kids' reception in a room off the main ballroom. The kids were welcome to come and go between the two rooms, but mostly they stayed in theirs where the caregivers, kid friendly food, arts and crafts, and magician were. They had all been sent their own invitations with instructions to bring their pjs and sleeping bags...
Thanks so much! I have put the Arboretum on our schedule for the morning before we depart. It looks like it will be a great place to burn energy in a beautiful surrounding, plus we'll be there on a Wednesday so we score the reduced ticket price. Then we'll continue our drive heading into Iowa and it looks like your recommendation of Iowa City gives us a great place to stretch our legs and eat dinner. We'll actually be hitting the zoo on the return leg of the trip. On...
Thanks for the link, I'm off to check it out!
Hi Mamas, Our family is taking a road trip next week that will have us crossing all the way through your great states on RT 80. We are stopping in Cleveland overnight with tentative plans to go to the children's museum there. Other than that our slate is pretty blank. Any suggestions for fun attractions would be much appreciated, including if the children's museum in Cleveland is a good choice or if there is another place in Cleveland that you would recommend more...
Hi Everyone, We are taking a road trip through Illinois and Iowa next week. We will follow RT 80 through Illinois, stopping in the Chicago area overnight, and then into Iowa. In Iowa we will be making our way up to Algona along routes N380, N27 and W18 according to our maps. We have an almost four year old son so any ideas for fun attractions along the way would be appreciated. Also, if there are any great playgrounds within a couple of miles of any of these highways...
I agree with everyone else. My son is almost four and he still shies away from speaking with strangers most of the time. I just answer for him and we go on our way. It is a part of the age, personality and developmental level and not an issue for concern. Daycare is not necessary and sounds like it would be detrimental in the anxiety it would cause. You could look into some parent-tot types of activities that you can attend together. Library storytimes are a great place...