or Connect

Posts by IlluminatedAttic

I agree he was genuinely confused. I would step back from the repeating requirement and just do lots of modeling. So if he says, "mas train?" you say, "Where is Thomas the Train? Hmm, where is Thomas the Train? Let's look....." or if he gives a one word answer then you model the whole sentence, "You promise to be quiet? Thank you." Causing him to become more self conscious can cause anxiety and be counter productive. Try the modeling for a while, and maybe start to play...
DS will be 4 in July. We have always just had him work along with us but in the past several months he has begun doing a lot of "chores" on his own. Meals: He loves to help cook in whatever way he can. He helps set and clear the table, basically does the plates, utensils, and condiments. He washes the table after dinner and uses a hand broom to give the floor (mostly under his chair) a sweep. Dishes: He empties most of the dishwasher. (Usually while I am cooking...
I feel for you. We went through a horrible custody battle for dsd. It was accepted by the court, as vocalized by the judge, that yes, her mom was psychologically unstable, yes, she had lied to the court directly and in documents, no, she could not provide a stable environment, yes, she was emotionally and most likely physically abusive, etc. etc. The only two things she had in her favor were being the same gendered parent and dsd threatened to "run away" if custody...
I just wanted to say that almost every time I read one of your threads JSMa I think, "They really need to meet with a moderator and write up a more detailed custody agreement." Things like medical information, appointments, extracurricular activities, info dispersal, making sure the schools had the right info for both parents and were required to contact both, etc. were all a part of dh's custody agreement back when the kids were minors. This wasn't something we had...
:
Thank you for your info and advice ladies! After reading your replies and checking out the websites DH is leaning toward Brookfield so that is what we will probably do. Thanks again!
Our family is taking a road trip in a couple of weeks that will take us through Chicago. I am reading good things about both the Lincoln Park and Brookfield zoos. My son is almost four and I will be almost 7 months pregnant on the trip. Any recommendations about which zoo would be best for us?
Quote: Originally Posted by LilyGrace -Geopuzzles. Each country/state is one piece, helping the child to see placement as well as critical thinking skills. -set of x-rays. These are dragged out almost constantly now during science. We can isolate the part of the body we're learning about or build the whole thing. Can you please post links for where to buy these items? Quote: Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 And our...
This probably isn't the most gentle way to go about things, but as soon as the bus pulled away I'd call the police and give them the license number and route/destination and state that the children on board are not legally restrained. Probably depends on where you live if they would respond or not, but I would at least give it a try.
Although I like the Duggars in general I am not liking how stagy the show is becoming. Josh calling the producer to come over and film his announcement to Anna, and the way they all had to do the line-up thing so that he could announce to the family. His father-in-law even made a comment during that phone call when Josh said they had to wait to get everyone together and he said something like, "So the camera can film it, right?" I actually felt bad for Anna because she was...