or Connect

Posts by GardenOfNoise

thanks everyone for the input!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by meowee Just curious-- are you in the racial minority in your neighborhood (regardless of what your race is)? I live in a mostly black and Hispanic neighborhood and I am white. My children (most of whom look white) go to a mostly black school. I am used to it by now in that I no longer feel like an outsider, and actually I feel uncomfortable in mostly white neighborhoods by this point (the neighborhoods here are pretty...
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how i can learn to braid hair (cornrows, individuals, etc). i know there are dvd's out there, for instance... but i think most of them are geared towards learning how to do it *better*, whereas i have no experience braiding at all. also, my daughter (who is biracial) doesn't have a common type of african american hair... so that adds another element to the mix. I am caucasian, and i used to have my hair braided often... but...
Quote: Originally Posted by kavitha she is black, and will probably be treated that way in the US she is definitely not white. i would put black---or if you are really uncomfortable about that, you could put biracial EXCUSE ME? maybe it's just late and i'm taking this the wrong way, but did you really just say that "she's black", and "definitely not white", based on a simple description of her parents' race? since when are we back to the...
my name is taken from lyrics of my favorite Ani Difranco song, "rockabye": "tending the garden of noise, where i grow the traffic, and the churchbells, and the neighborhood boys. singing to myself, as the solitude sets in... in tune to the symphony, of south brooklyn" the song still amazes me to this day.