or Connect

Posts by ShwarmaQueen

I think your nutritional needs would be the same as if you were nursing/pumping for twins. You could check over in the moms of multiple forum to see if they had any info, or, as you mentioned, check with an LC/LLL leader. I would guess you'd need probably 3000-3500 calories per day and good fats.    Way to go on pumping for another babe! You rock!
Louisep- I'm worried that if we take turns at night I won't have the willpower to 'say no' and it will only make things harder for us- a bit of regression, you know? I think I'll give him a couple months without me at night before I go back to co-sleeping with him. It has taken me a week to be able to sleep through the night, even without him next to me because, like you, the messed up sleep cycle- as a result I've been downing sleepy teas in the evening and limiting...
So, DS is now cosleeping with DH. We tried the Dr. Jay method and I just couldn't do it, so I moved to the guest bed. He's still waking 2-5x per night and DH is able to pat him back to sleep. DH has his Spring semester of grad school starting in a week so we were hoping DS would be sleeping more solidly with me being out of the bed, but so far that hasn't been the case. We tried DS sleeping by himself and that just made him hysterical, so DH volunteered to cosleep with...
There is a 50% chance (I guess) our future kids would have high palate/TT- but I'm not so sure on the oral motor weaknesses. I just don't know if I could do it again. I'm so committed to BFing, but it's hard to say if I could do this again. It has taken every ounce of my resolve to make it to a year - he still nurses (painfully) every hour or two! No bottle or sippy cups here. :( I just don't know, but I guess in any case I don't have to decide soon anyway. I know it's...
I'm sorry to say that it sounds fairly age-related and I agree totally on keeping him outside when possible, with lots of climbing and activity. I have more than a couple friends with wild and out-of-control toddlers and they avoid situations where the kid is around other kids because it's too frustrating otherwise. He'll grow out of it. 
Sorry to say that I think it does. DS only wakes once or twice now that he recently started sleeping with DH, alone, but with me he was waking up 5-6++ times per night and wanting to nurse constantly.    But there are advantages/disadvantages to both sleeping arrangements. I actually sleep better with baby in bed, and even if they wake up and nurse often, I feel comforted knowing that s/he is only inches away and that I can 'protect' them. My mothering instinct just...
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I feel like this is the safest place to discuss it.   Will the difficulty/hardship (trauma in my case) of nursing this baby make you limit having more children because of the likelihood of having the same problems, again? DS would have had major problems taking bottles too (because of his extreme oral weaknesses) so it's not just about possibly having to formula feed (we were very close). As a result, I'm seriously...
Yes! That is exactly what usually happens. Intense protest then BOOM, fast asleep within just a few minutes. Though yesterday we had dinner guests so he was extra energized and was waving 'bye-bye' and calling his sister while he was asleep (his latest developments). It was something else to see! I just laughed at how high energy he is! 
Beginning 2 nights ago, I started sleeping in the guest bedroom and left DH w/ DS. He was nursing 5-6+++ times per night- it was out of control. The first night was HEAVEN! I slept 7 hours straight (the first time in over a year and a half)! DH said DS didn't even cry for me, he just woke, fussed, and crawled around the bed a few times. Last night, the same thing! DH just cuddles him and he goes right back to sleep.    I was trying to do the Dr. Jay method, but it...
Have you emailed any MWs in your area re the frenectomy? I know there are lots of MWs who do the procedure- the one here (in Houston) only charges $80 or so.