or Connect

Posts by nmm2112

hugggssss! I've found that hard times have made me stronger and wiser - look within
Thanks place mom! I'm off to get some rest -- tomorrow is an early morning with hospital visit and spinal tap and chemo and.... Gabe's been very playful and peeing and pooping well (it's sort of like keeping track of a newborn...) so i'm hoping he weights in well!
Well, he ate a bit of table food today and nursed moderately.... I think the main problem is he doesn't feel hungry.... so he doesn't even want to bother with food....or nursing, expect when he's nursing to sleep of for comfort. but, he IS nursing manytimes throughout the day...and a few times during the night although he's been sleeping more soundly the last week or so --- normally that'd be nice, except that I prefer to get every calorie into him I can... Gosh he...
Thanks for the offer Rootsnort! that's sweet of you! I'll have to PM you! I know some nice mamas in the Arlington area.... Well, today during the day he didn't eat much table food again - about 3 little bits of rice from california rolls...(just would shake his head "no" and avoid my attempts, although I did pop a tiny piece of bread with mayo in his mouth and he didn't spit it out.) But, he was nursing well! so that's good, because when I woke up this morning I was...
Ohhhh lots of good ideas!!! Thank you all so much mamas!!! and support! It really makes a difference to read your posts! Today his weight was down a bit, but not as low as I though it might be (last week was 8.3Kg this week was 8.2kg) so the Dr's weren't too alarmed. He's acting well and playing so that's good. But, he did need a blood trasfusion before they could do the spinal tap (to inject the Chemo drug into the spinal fluid)... He's all snuggled up with us a...
Thanks for the ideas (and hugs) -- feel free to keep them coming! Hmmm, garlic sounds yummy! We have our weekly Dr/hospital appt and tomorrow will be chemo with spinal tap and blood draws and hmm who knows what else. So, we'll get out weekly weight and see what the Dr says. He had mentioned putting pediasure down any nasal tube's Gabe might get and I'm thinking Breastmilk would be much better!....: We're at Dallas Childrens hospital... well, we're not IN the...
My youngest son was diagnosed with leukemia last month. He's 13mths old now and had been eating some table foods. He's never accepted the bottle but has always been a 'good nurser"... He's on chemo therapy drugs and has lost his appetite : -- which isn't good because he "fell off the growth charts" went from 30weight and 50% height in Feb to less than 5% in both rn June. The Dr's are concerned and although they are VERY happy with the added antibodies and factors that...
My youngest son was diagnosed with leukemia last month. He's 13mths old now and had been eating some table foods. He's never accepted the bottle but has always been a 'good nurser"... He's on chemo therapy drugs and has lost his appetite -- which isn't good because he "fell off the growth charts" went from 30weight and 50% height in Feb to less than 5% in both rn June. The Dr's are concerned and although they are VERY happy with the added antibodies and factors...
I was just curious to see what kind of thread would last 86 pages!!!
eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!:Puke