or Connect

Posts by holothuroidea

Thank you, ladies!    I don't want her to wean. Well, really, I don't want her to wean because of my stupid antsy pants. If this is just her natural weaning, then I'm fine with that.    I did an experiment yesterday and today, I waited for her to ask to nurse at our usual nursing times (nap and bedtime). I would just wrap her in her blankie and snuggle and she would be almost asleep so she's not asking for it. I did offer after a while and she wanted to nurse but...
We generally do a big clean up at the end of the day because she's got so many "projects" going on that it would disturb them to pick up during the day.    Also there is no such thing as "put the toy away when you're done" usually she starts playing with one toy and then adds another and another until she's got a whole elaborate set up involving every toy she owns.    She does clean up her toys independently at the end of the day on most days. She has 6 storage...
My 18 month old is not an avid nurser. She's been nursing only at nighttime and for naps for a couple of months now. I'm worried that she will wean soon if our current nursing pattern continues. I have a couple of concerns...   1. Since I started ovulating I've been having some discomfort with nursing. Not pain, and not really nipple sensitivity, just a general feeling of ants-in-the-pants and squirminess on my part. She's a very polite nurser, and keeps her hands...
Prolapse? Eeeek!!!   I think I have to call. I really don't want to, though.
Okay so before I completely freak out I wanted to see if all of you cervix-checking ladies could talk me down. I hope I'm posting this in the right place...   So I wiped after going to the bathroom and I felt something funny so I went and got my mirror and when I looked I could SEE my cervix. Right there, at the opening of my vagina. Seriously just kind of hanging out there. (ETA: Not literally hanging out, it's still inside my vagina.) I almost had a freak out, but...
Mine didn't get replies either. I think this part of the board doesn't get a lot of traffic.   You are clearly hairy in spirit! I'm sure no one meant offense. :hug:  
Thank you, everyone! It's good to hear that this is normal, I had a feeling it was but I was starting to have doubts, you know? Today I tried something that worked really well: When she went over to taunt the baby I scooped her up before she got there and held her and we counted to 10 together, it worked to calm both of us down.   I don't think there's anything I can do to stop her from doing these things unless I physically remove her from the situation before it...
My 3 year old is having difficulty respecting other people's boundaries. This has been an ongoing problem.   When I am overwhelmed and need some space (to count to 10 and breathe, not a very long time at all), I used to be able to shut a door behind me and collect myself. For the past year or so this hasn't been possible. I will tell her I need some space and go in another room and she will follow me. If I lock the door she will scream and yell and kick the door and...
Have you tried scritching/massaging/preening your hair? Also, catnip rinses are really good.   I mean, do Wen if you want but you still have some WO options to try.
I'm started water only two weeks ago. I'm still in that transition period so I don't know how it's going to end up feeling. I'm doing it mostly out of the same curiosity. I wonder what my hair's natural texture is.