or Connect

Posts by ja mama

I keep neighbor kids as outside guests only.  They aren't allowed in, unless I specifically invite them in.  If they live close enough to walk to my house they can walk home for any bathroom, snack, drink of water etc they may need.  If I take snacks outside they are for everyone.  Meals and snacks I don't want to share are served inside.  That boundary has helped me immensely, for sleeping babies, toys not being broken or left a mess, as well as my fruit bowl stays full...
Oregon City Concerts in the park - free food for sale starting at 5:30   http://www.orcity.org/parksandrecreation/concerts-park-2011
Thank you so much.  We mostly do neighborhood activities, but this thread is an awesome resource to those days we want to do a bigger or new outing!
I'm reaching for and using my mei tai more than anything else.  Mostly out of familiarity, I can whip it on fast.  But partly out of minimizing my 20 mo old's frustration.  He grabs so enthusiastically when he can't get to the baby it's difficult.  In the mei tai he can see his head, arms and he pats more gently when I have to hold both of them.   I want to thank everyone for the recommendation for the fisher price infant to toddler rocker.  It already has become a...
How would you feel about taking turns.  When he says,"It's mine"  You agree, "yes, it's your turn.  When you are done DS, or friend, gets a turn."   I do not agree with timers at all.  The child doesn't learn to enjot the toy and then be done.   I think if a child wants to play with one toy all day long that's fine.  The other child has access to EVERYTHING else.  When you're done, someone else can have a turn.  If you bring it to our home (unless it's a special lovey...
Interview went well.  I like the mom a lot.  We'll see if she liked what I offer.  I stuck to my standard fee.  It feels right. Next question.  What are your favorite sling/wrap/carrier for a newborn, knowing I also have two toddlers, roughly 2yrs old.  Something tight, cozy for babe, flexible for me, and able to still hold at least one if not both of the others when needed. ie not too bulky.  I use an ergo for one (almost) 2 year old, but I don't have the infant...
I'm so excited.  I have an interview tomorrow for a 5 week old little boy.  He'll be 4 days a week once his mom goes back to work.  The best part is they are a referral from a family I already have and LOVE.  I'm nervous they won't feel I'm a good fit, and I'm nervous they will want me and I won't be able to handle another one.  Breathe.  If they don't want me, it's meant to be.  If they do and I can't handle it I can always let them know.   Here's my question.  They...
Perhaps next time you could put the egg whites in the fridge until the next day and make eggdrop soup or add them to oatmeal.  Cook them in scrambled eggs... Just include them in something you or the kids will eat.
I am outside of Portland OR.  I am currently an exempt provider (no more than 3, other than my own who are school age). I love this job.  I am looking at getting registered though.  I have a 19 month old who has Down Syndrome every day, and a 15 month old three days a week.  I do drop in for any age the rest of the time.  Part of the reason I'm looking at getting registered is that I have to be so careful with the limit. I am very AP, GD, and natural.  I think the...
For when a cloth just won't work, I save an out dated phone book and tear out the pages.  I know I've done this most for gross pet accidents that need picked up and thrown in the trash.  Sometimes I only need one page, sometimes it's so gross I tear out a thicker stack of pages.