or Connect

Posts by not_telling

We need to purchase new seats for my 4 yr old so his sister can move out of her bucket and into his current seats.  We were all set to get Radians, knowing it would cover him now through booster.  However, someone I know told me that she has friends who do work as car seat inspectors and they have said that the Radian is actually not a great booster because the seatbelt positioning is not the greatest.  Which has me wondering if we should be thinking about...
Thanks for checking....can't bring myself to buy one of the newer versions.
When our son was 5 months we did a 10 hour drive...well, it's 10 hrs without a baby, but was 12 hrs on the way and about 11 hrs on the way back.  I sat in the back with DS.  We left early in the morning (6-7am) and he quickly fell into a 3 hour rhythm.  Sleep for about 2-2.5 hours, wake and be content for a while, then get hungry and fuss.  The we'd find a good exit, put more gas in the car (so we wouldn't have to stop while he was sleeping), change diaper, nurse, and...
  I actually wasn't sure we'd still need it at this point...we've stopped using it at naptime. BUT...the issue is nighttime.  We sleep with white noise in our room, which is down the hall from DS's room.  So if he was just calling for us, we'd have a hard time hearing him.  We have an older home with old doors and old doorknobs, and the doorknob in his room can be a little tricky to operate.  In general he does fine with it, but there was a night a couple months ago when...
We have been using (and loving) a digital Safety 1st monitor for our son since he was a baby (he's 3.5 yrs now).  We still want to use a monitor in his room at night.  But, now we also have a 4 month old and she's hopefully getting to the point where we can lay her down on her own while we're elsewhere in the house.  So, we need a monitor for her, too.  We only want audio, no video.  I tried searching for monitor sets that include transmitters for 2 rooms, but my search...
DS will be going to a new school in the fall.  He will be 4 yrs old.  We have a new baby who will be 1 yr in October and ready to move out of her Graco bucket seat.  The baby, of course, will be riding with us when we take DS to/from school.  We have friends in the neighborhood whose daughter will also be going to the same school and we've been talking about how great it would be to carpool - maybe they'd take DS in the AM and we'd take their DD home in the PM.  So, that...
Think I'm gonna join in here, mamas.  I pretty much got back to my prePreg (with #2) weight by 4 weeks PP (which was about 15 lbs more than my prePreg with #1 weight).  BUT...now I'm back to gaining again.  I've been all about the sugar n' carbs since DD was born (October baby = Halloween + Thanksgiving + Hanukkah & Xmas + New Years + Valentine's Day in quick succession....Treats Galore!!).   While I do think I could change some things about my diet, I think the...
well, we got wait-listed at school #2.  kinda unexpected...i wonder how they decide who to admit right away and who to wait-list.  i know that siblings always get priority and there was at least one sibling there.  anyway, maybe it's just the nudge we need to say yes to school #1.
i meant to also say...   starling - awesome job on the cake!!  your daughter is so super cute in that photo...as i'm sure you're well aware.
SBIA   Emma - awesome...added the blog to my Favorites.  i so often find myself gazing dreamily at pics in pottery barn kids or whatever...and then looking around my house in dismay...   Katico - thanks for new thread, hope your home remains flu-free.   afm - i am so sick of this lingering sickness in all of us.  yesterday i finally made sure to inundate myself with fluids (hot n' cold drink, neti pot), extra vit. c...and i think i'm a bit better...