or Connect

Posts by terrainthailand

Long before my LO got her two bottom teeth, I thought for sure she was teething. She never had fevers, rash, extra drool or anything. And she always seems to have a major desire to gnaw . But every once in a while we would have a week or a few days strung together where she would just be really extra fussy, take super short naps and sleep poorly at night. The two weeks during which her two bottom teeth actually cut through the gums though, she seemed totally normal. ...
Being flu season wouldn't really change my approach. BUT, as I said before, the moms in our group are really good about keeping sick kids away or letting us all know. I would be annoyed if I knew someone brought a sick kid without letting us know. We do vax, but don't do the flu shot... so I think that puts us in sort of the same boat as cold/flu are what you are most likely to pick up from sharing toys.
Quote: Originally Posted by evening start i would rather have it happen naturally than have to feed my son worm eggs when he gets older!
I also don't mind the sharing. I assume that some germ sharing is a normal part of life and probably contributes to a healthy immune system. That, and the moms in my playgroup are pretty good about keeping their children away if they aren't well. I also regularly pick stuff up off of the floor and give it back to her... unless it seems quite dirty, I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure I'll be second guessing myself the first time my LO gets sick, but so far, so good.
When my DD was getting her two bottom teeth (the only ones she has so far), she had a bit of a runny nose and a bit of coughing. I associated both with the teething. It could've been a coincidence, but she never had any other symptoms of being sick and shortly after the teeth arrived, the symptoms subsided. Go with your gut though.
If it were me, I would stick with the exclusive breastfeeding, on demand and try to get a second opinion from another health care provider. Just to set my mind at ease. Good luck!!
Yes to everything TheGirls said. The BEST scenario, if you can get it, is the bulkhead row. Lots of room to maneuver around and on our last flight (DD was 7 months), DD really enjoyed playing down there. My DD doesn't really tolerate a nursing cover up at this point, but I find that no one is really paying attention aside from the stewards and I'm sure they've seen it all before!!
Quote: At a "Peace" march with my kids the news team is interviewing me and the 4 year old runs up with a stick screaming "mom, hold my gun!" 6 year old telling me when I was very angry at their dad for buying them little toy army tanks "relax mom, it's just a toy, it's not like I'm voting for George Bush" Still laughing at this one!!
I'm so sorry LeoneLover!! This link might help you with the night weaning. Good luck! http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp
I agree with others who say that they came to some AP practices because of bad sleepers. I never intended to co-sleep because I am a heavy sleeper and was worried it wasn't sleep. But from the very first weeks it was the only way I could get any sleep. For me though, the real point is this, even if it were true (and I'm not saying it is) that AP practices contribute to crappy sleeping, then what? I'm sure you aren't going to practice CIO! Some children clearly...