or Connect

Posts by terrainthailand

Stroller - we have an all terrain jogging one that we spent a fortune on... goes with our car seat. We have not used it nearly as much as I wish, BUT, babe is only 8.5 months old so we still have lots of time to use it I hope. We were given a lightweight umbrella-style one. I almost always babywear, but for the times when I need/want the stroller.... I'm really glad we have it. If I were to do it again I would by the cheap, light one and hold off on the fancy one. Baby...
LeoneLover - I totally understand about not wanting to give the Motrin. I thought my LO was teething long before she was. I actually did give her one night and it didn't work - because of course she wasn't teething. I still feel bad that I gave it to her unnecessarily. But if you know your LO is in pain - and it is working - I wouldn't hesitate to give it to her. Not forever, no, but I am sure you can use it for several days if necessary. What does your night time...
My DD always has slept on her back or her side... I kind of started the whole side thing around 4 months when I realized it made transfers to the family bed or crib easier. She was a late roller - not really proficient until around 7 months. In the last week she has started flipping to her tummy and sleeping that way. Any reason for me to worry about her sleeping this way? Okay when bed sharing? Does it seem strange to start sleeping this way now? My gut...
I vote for finding some way to DTD without her hearing you. Seriously, when I was around that age (maybe a bit older) my bedroom shared a wall with my parents' bedroom and I used to hear them DTD all the time. At the time I knew what was going on and I found it very upsetting. Maybe I shouldn't have felt that way, but I did. I used to lay in bed trying to will myself to fall asleep quickly so I wouldn't hear it. Of course now it doesn't bother me... no emotional scars...
I got an interview : I am so excited... followed quickly by anxiety as to whether this would be the right job for me and my family. Mostly excited though. Due to the time change they called me at almost 10PM, I had just spent 20 minutes trying to get my daughter back to sleep, and we never get calls on our land line here, so I was both confused and annoyed when I answered the phone. I probably sounded strange whispering "hello?" somewhat irritably into the phone. ...
Mine is only 8.5 months old, so I don't know how this translates to a 12 month old. 1. I would try both putting him to sleep at the VERY FIRST sign of tiredness and stretching awake time as long as possible. Regarding the former, the NCSS says that if a child is overtired they will have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. Regarding the latter, that has worked better for us. 2. You said you have tried putting him back to sleep, I know SUPER frustrating. ...
My 8.5 month old just had it for the first time last week. She LOVED it.
Sorry LeoneLover13 - those schedule changes can be a bear. After we got back from a 6 week trip to the US, my DD woke up hourly for more than a week. I thought I would go nuts. That was actually what got me to finally read this book. I agree with LouiseP about trying to avoid her falling asleep in the carrier. You know what NCSS says about falling asleep in the same place the wake up! You could also try adjusting the schedule more gradually (1/2 hour at a time). ...
My LO is 8 months two weeks and has just started getting her bottom two teeth. The first one burst through the gums about 2 weeks ago and is still only a few millimeters out. The other one has been right at the surface (but not burst through) for almost a week. My poor LO has been whining ALL.DAY.LONG. for days. How long did it take for your LO's tooth to fully ascend once it made an appearance?
Congratulations : I'm glad it worked out so beautifully!!