or Connect

Posts by terrainthailand

I would say go ahead and get started... teething will probably go on for a while right? Teething probably has a lot to do with the waking, but the techniques should still be helpful I think. My LO is teething rather slowly - only working on the one tooth which has now been out of the gums for more than a week and still hasn't fully ascended - in fact it looks like it has barely moved!! We've been doing NCSS in the midst of that. That said, if teething is making your...
I am! I remember the job hunt right after I finished grad school - it was absolute torture, confidence sapping, soul crushing torture!! DH and I both ended up temping for about 6 months before we found jobs we were happy with. It was a good way to go. Kept us busy and in the $$. I stopped working after my daughter was born and am looking for work now. I've only been looking for a few months, but so far my spirits are good. I think it is fun looking, planning...
I don't have experience doing PPO with a paci. So I can't speak to that. I also really don't know how essential it is to the NCSS. I guess, the idea behind it makes sense, if the baby always sucks to fall asleep, then it makes sense that it would be hard to fall asleep in the absence of sucking. I wonder though, is the paci working for you? Or is it a problem because you have to retrieve it for your LO throughout the night. I'm thinking if the LO can keep it in,...
I don't disagree with you at all JollyGG. I know high school is hard for most, it really is crummy isn't it? OP will of course have to find her own answer in her own heart and I'm sure it isn't easy. I guess I just wanted to share that I found being ahead to be an additional challenge, one that probably wasn't necessary, at least in my case. Certainly everyone has their own challenges.
I can only tell you what my own experience was as someone who started school early in a small community (I went to school with roughly the same 30 people until graduation). But I think Shiloh makes some really good points that should be considered carefully. I have an April birthday and turned 17 the month before I graduated from high school. So I was about a year and a half behind my peers. If you were to ask my mother, she would tell you it was a great decision...
When does he generally take his naps? Mine doesn't nap all that much, 2-1 hour naps if I am lucky, 2-40 minute naps if I am unlucky. But no matter how much sleep she has had, I find that if she sleeps after 4pm I won't be able to get her to sleep well at bedtime (7). Regarding the 9PM wakeup, in addition to keeping the room dark, not engaging in play, etc, I would also try to get to him before he wakes up and nurse, rock, shhush/butt pat (whatever you do), until he is...
Sorry. It is nice to see the progress in black and white, but so awful to see a bad night all written out like that. Still, I see a few kernels of progress. She is getting the same amount of total sleep with 2 fewer awakenings. That really is something, especially in the midst of teething. Also, the PPO seems to be doing its job some of the time... I see that at 8 months she was already pulling off much of the time so it isn't necessarily an improvement, but at least...
Good idea! I threw in a couple of extra questions at the end. 1. What's your babe eating these days? I offer lots of different things but she doesn't eat much. Except avocado. She loves avocado. She also is mildly impressed with egg yolks and goat yogurt. Hates banana... very strange. We're mostly doing BLW, but am waiting a few days in between introducing each food - I find that to be very annoying but am too nervous to stop. 2. What's been the hardest...
Good luck with your log and , it sounds like teething has been really rough for your LO. If you need to commiserate.. I think I will be here (in the same boat that is) for at least a few more months
We've been continuing with the NCSS techniques for about 5 weeks now and I finally got around to doing a third '10 day' log. Last night looked like this: 6:25 - asleep in crib, DD was super tired so we shortened our bedtime routine, skipping the bath and stories, nursed for 10 minutes, put down in crib just barely asleep and did butt pat and ssshushing to sleep. 7:05 - awake, screaming - I think because she didn't nurse long enough before and was still hungry - nursed...