or Connect

Posts by happyblessedmama

Uhm no, a tetanus vax will not protect post injury. That's a common misconception because doctors push tetanus vaccine after a suspect injury... But the time it takes to develop antibodies post vaccine is longer than the incubation period after a possible exposure. If one is truly concerned about exposure and not vaccinated they will need to receive tetanus immune globulin or tetanus human immune globulin.   See "indications and...
Yeah, I'm aware of how it's "supposed to" work. That didn't happen last time for me, and the only variable was the delivery method. I suppose I will just hope things go differently this time and be prepared to supplement if they don't.
Thanks for your reply. I recognize you from the march ddc, right?  In an ideal world none of this would be an issue. I'll try to take comfort in the fact that the meds will be out of my system for a couple months by the time baby arrives...
If it were me I would carry the baby. If you feel the need you could have cvs screening, I suppose...I have a friend with 2 daughters who have CF and they are lovely people, and a lovely family. 
Something DID go wrong with my 3rd pregnancy at the very end and baby required 2 weeks of NICU care. I had no inkling beforehand at all. I think some amount of anxiety in a pregnancy is normal and you just have to do your best to let it go.
I'm 28+ weeks pregnant and had surgery 2 days ago to repair an incarcerated umbilical hernia. The surgery was done under local with minimal meds, but I have postop pain as you'd expect with incisions being made, etc.   I'm taking the meds prescribed me (hydrocodone) which I'm aware is a category C drug. I'm not in danger of being addicted, as I plan to quit using it as soon as my pain dials down some. I just am a bit scared of having it while I am pregnant and...
I also just sent a request to join the fb group....
My last several children milk was in before 24 hours. Like actual engorgement, etc. I am aware that a 10% weight loss is normal, but my babe wasn't gaining, as in at 4-5 weeks he was still at his birth weight. He cried a lot and that quit after we began using the sons, and he began to gain weight... It was pretty clear all he wanted was additional food.   I did request 1 bottle of formula in the hospital because baby was very unhappy despite repeated nursing...
My last nursing experience post emergency c/s was a resounding failure. My milk didn't come in as was typical for me. I actually requested formula in the hospital as baby was acting hungry... After that he settled down. I nursed as usual his first couple months but he didn't gain weight. Ended up using a SNS with formula and attempting to pump, but my milk supply was next to nothing. He ended up formula fed at 5 months because I didn't have time to nurse a pump for 2...
I have had the 1 hour test once during all of my pregnancies and passed all the times.   With my 6th pregnancy baby was measuring ahead - like 4-6 weeks consistently which couldn't be possible - we repeated the test and I took the 2 hour test (fasting draw, then blood draws at 30, 60, 1 and 2 hours). I felt VERY sick after that test. I passed it. Baby was 9#10 oz.   I have limited faith in the reliability of this test but with a sibling with type 1 I'm at higher...