or Connect

Posts by deminc

Erm, I think you may want to check that out again. There are harmless mild rashes, esp around the mouth, and I know pds get a lot of parents worrying when t is a normal reaction to food acids etc. There are also facial swelling that progresses as the clock ticks without going into a full body rash. A full body reaction s a clear sign of allergy; a localized reaction not so clear cut for pd and the uninitiated. My earliest signs were just spots around the mouth. After a few...
My ds reacts to peanut with facial swelling and concentrated zyrtec drops at high dose had been enough so far. But we have been very careful about avoiding it. I react to some medications and my reaction has escalated from facial swelling to anaphalysis over ten slow years...so just bear in mind that the escalation can be gradual over a long time. My aunt's reaction to peanuts have gone from mild itching to constricted throat over thirty years. When you can, maybe make an...
Check the sauce ingredients. Do not test it again without antihistamines on standby, or easy access to a doctor.
Haha, Sair, I think you've said the unspoken truth. In fact OPer's husband probably want some snuggle time with OP more than anything else. I have observed that husbands do miss having wives to themselves for a while - a bit of territorial disputes there.
Can you stay with him until he is asleep, then move back to your own room? Or let him drift to sleep to some soft music? I am still putting my 6 and 9 yr old to sleep every night - as in until they fall asleep - before moving back to my own room. I was very prone to nightmares and night terrors as a child and that translated to insomnia as I got older. Sleep is simply terrifying.   DS1 goes through phases when he gets nightmares and needs the assurance of an adult. I...
Yes! Audiobooks, drawing and iPad games.
My son's psychologist said it is not common to diagnose bipolar in young children. My son is 9 now, and in hindsight, a lot of it was anxiety, really big emotions, a very strong personality, and me not knowing how to deal with them right. My son has a host of minor issues (sensory, vision, leading to anxiety, over excitability and high IQ leading to over reading situations in school and home) but I genuinely think a more experienced mother would have coped better than I...
Eko_mom, I read your post to my husband. His reply- this guy needs to be reported. It is strange that both of you don't seem to see this is a real problem. Will you accept it if another individual does it to your daughter? Should not the fact that a parent is the one doing it makes it even worse? My husband and I have certain protocol for discipline. My husband is very strong with a very firm grip. There was an incident when he gripped my son firmly while talking to him...
My son did exactly that around that age too - scream for one to two hours every evening. No other signs that i recognised then. He eventually stopped around two months old. I have been given two explanations for it 1) dairy allergy (I did cut it out on advice of retired nurse living above me, and when I reintroduced it at 9 months, he broke out in a full body rash. Outgrew it after 3 years of age. ) 2. More controversially, cranium crying. My son, by then 6, had frequent...
  LOL! I know that feeling! I currently do a lot of Math and languages with my son and am shopping for a science curriculum to supplement what I must cover for our local authorities. Some curriculum caters naturally to kinaesthetic learners. Eg many of the Montessori materials, Patty Paper Geometry ,http://www.michaelserra.net/weblog/patty-paper-geometry/, Exploration Science curriculum http://www.explorationeducation.com/, Private Eye science etc. Some of these can be...