or Connect

Posts by doulaLeah

Hi ladies! DH and I leave for a 10 day trip to Korea next week (I'm SO psyched!!) I'm going for work, but to be honest, the reason I get to go (instead of my co-workers)-is because my boss knows DH is Korean-American and wants us to have this opportunity to visit family that is currently located just outside of Seoul. Anyway, we have been reading up on cultural differences and language there- does anyone have any tips??? I know I have to be a little more conservative...
Hi Ladies, it's so great to see a forum like this. I'm Leah, a pasty white American- DH is Anthony, half white half Korean, who was raised by his Korean Mom. His childhood was very Buddhism centered, and I grew up attending Catholic schools. There are quite a few cultural differences between us, but I think that makes things a little more interesting. We don't have any children of our own just yet, but we're looking forward to trying within the next 6-12 months. I...
Ditto everyone else about the benefits that you can find with DONA. I just completed my training, and I loved the atmosphere of the training, as well as how much I learned. And for anyone that's had a negative or pushy experience with a DONA trained doula, I'm sorry to hear that, and that doula certainly wasn't reflective of DONA's philosophy, or teachings. Good luck with your decision, I know it can be difficult in the beginning, with so much information thrown at you...
Good for you! I LOVE this cookbook: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...17&dcaid=17902 And I also have created a little scrapbook of recipes I pick up from allrecipes.com or that my friends and I have shared, etc. And it really is SO super easy to get enough protein, with little effort.
The fish thing bothers me SO much too. I have some casual friends that have invited my husband and I for a dinner party, saying they'd make "something we could eat"- right, fish. So... not something we eat. And then that made things awkward, and we seemed rude.
Welcome, I'm new here too, and am just a little bit north of you in North Attleboro, MA.
Hi all, I'm new here, from Massachusetts. I'm a birth doula in training, and I currently live with my fabulous husband and our 3 cats. I look forward to getting to know you all!