or Connect

Posts by aurora_skys

I'm not sure what APS could do, my parents are both mentally and physically sound. They *choose* to host her in their house.   I definitely agree that the hoarding is just a symptom of a larger problem. I try my best  to stay out of it now. I used to offer to help her sort and declutter but she is so abusive that I stopped.   We live in Georgia and I'm wondering if this state has any sort of programs for helping adults who need therapy? If I could show her some...
I do this too :( I know that it's a perfectly natural biological product of distress but it still makes me feel like a fool. Just the other day a woman in my apartment complex caused about $1,000 of damage to my car's paint (I know it was her without a doubt) and I'm afraid to even talk to her about it. I need to get her insurance information but I think I will start crying if I begin a confrontation with her. It sucks. I have to get my husband to handle things like this...
Hi all. I need to vent a little and try to process an ongoing problem in my family,   I am having a tough time right now with my family. My older sister, who is 30, is a genuine hoarder. She refuses to get reasonable jobs (for example, when she does get a job - sometimes going a year + without working - it's through a friend and very far away. So then she can say she spends too much on gas getting to the job and gives herself an excuse to quit) Even in this market,...
It would be very reasonable for you to speak with the owner well in advance (I know he's busy but if he has time to run a kennel, then he has time to speak with you briefly) and request that your dog be kept away from the other dogs during her stay. This may be more inconvenient for him, he may charge you more, but if your dog is kept way from the others and walked separately then she can not get mauled. The fact that he was not aware that a dog had been mauled to death...
Hey there, I have two boys who are 20 months apart. My little one just turned two years old and I will have a third in January (although I go late so maybe February).   Close spacing is not easy on the parents in some ways and so much easier for the whole family in other ways. You have to pay very close attention to everyone for about the first six months. Then once the baby can sit, move around and generally not be squashed to death by accident, the parental...
Congratulations!   Definitely your top priority is going to be fencing. Safe fencing is a necessity and so so underrated. If the acreage is brushy, consider using goats to maintain it (again, fence). If you're interested in goats and a dairy source, what about dairy goats? I hear good things about dwarf dairy goats, http://www.andda.org/ Supposed to be much easier to handle than cows, safer around small children (cows aren't really safe at all around little kids no...
Hi ladies, I hope this is the right forum to place this thread in... I'm sorry it's so long, this is weighing heavily on me...   My husband is an alcoholic. We have been together for six years and married for four. We have two wonderful toddlers. When we dated, both of us drank and partied a bit with some recreational drug use. As time passed, I slowly became aware that he was far more into the drugs (he used much larger quantities no matter what it was and, in his...
Dont push him, of course, but also perhaps try to help your dh understand whether he is making the decision to withhold this relationship because of his own desires or because of his mothers desires. If it's because of his mothers desires, that is going to create more and more guilt and conflicted feelings for your husband. I say it's better for him to act on his own true feelings (not trying to please his mom - who knows what kind of mommy issues he may have lurking in...
I am living the same scenario. I have always had long, close friendships lasting for many years. I still keep touch with a couple of my bffs from my prechildren life but no one lives even in the same state anymore. So on a day to day basis it gets rather lonely. I have built up a friend base from my miswife's other clients but it's just not the same. It has taken nearly four years for me to get close enough to these women (even though we are all very friendly) to talk in...
I wouldnt call it a trend, people have been wearing minimalist footwear a lot longer than they've been wearing Nikis... In our house we wear traditional huaraches with elasticised leather laces. (Luna Sandals makes these, or you can get a kit and make your own) since the five fingers don't work for me (my second toe is longer than my big toe and VFFs aren't shaped that way) and my husband finds them restrictive.    I suffered with plantar fasciatis from the time I...