or Connect

Posts by aurora_skys

im really against the typical cosmetic procedures for animals. tail docking and ear cropping.. you know people respond in a much more friendly way when they see un cropped/docked dobermans, pit bulls etc? I see it all the time when I worked in pet stores. An unaltered dobie walks in and customers fawn over him. They dont even realize its a doberman! But when they see cropped dogs, customers avoid them like theyre agressive or something. Its just terrible. And cropping sets...
I am planning a homebirth for my first baby in September. Since Im an obsessive researching type, all I can do is refer you to things I read that put my mind at ease. http://www.homebirth.org.uk/firstbaby.htm "The Thinking Womans Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer "Spiritual Midiwifery" and "Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth" both by Ina May Gaskin. The best thing for me has been to remember that birth is a normal physiolgical process that goes perfectly fine...
Hey all, I was reading an older Dr Spock book and he mentioned that some women may feel slight sexual stimulation when breastfeeding. The gist was that it's normal and not something to worry about/ be ashamed of. But I always hear women getting pissed off when people suggest that breastfeeding is sexual (and rightly so, I would get mad too!). So my question is, how many of you get tingly feelings when breastfeeding? Is it really that common or was Spock a bit off base with...
ah the Pearls... go researche them the Ezzos and others like their ilk and you'll find horrific suggestions for "parenting." Very sad that some mothers get sucked into believing this is how they should raise their children... :<
fyi if your cat is beyond 4 months old and is not vaccinated for rabies, you are most likely breaking the law and are posing a health risk to your family. that being said, i doubt the cat would have been exposed to rabies. did it get in a fight with anything? rabies vaccinations are like $10 and can save the life of your animals and kids.
good luck! just go ahead and do it. remember how fun it is? :> and it will help him feel better which is important. i dont always say yes to my dh but i make sure that i dont always say no either. even when im not really feelin like dtd :P
if she causes you that much stress, just tell her about it. be like "look, i dont like when you bring up the fact that the baby is a girl in such a negative way. husband and i are very happy to be having a girl and it makes me feel bad when you talk about baby girls like theyre not as good or something." that way, now that youve told her how you feel, if she keeps doing it, she will look like a bitch. say it in front of the fam, like when she brings the subject up at...
i too am fruit obsessed. i want oranges, pineapple, anything citrusy that i can get my hands on. and chinese food! omg chinese food! i cant have enough of it. ive never been much into sweets before but now im obsessed with gummy fruit candy. and french toast for dinner.
well i dont have kids quite yet but i did smoke a good bit of pot in the past so i guess i qualify to comment. i too am very live and let live about pot but i believe it belongs in the house and no where else. i would have packed up the kids and informed the police. its just unacceptable (and stupid!!) to do that on a playground! i would worry about what other drugs/users might also be present. you know, like when the ladys meth dealer whos tweaked out and has a gun under...
i remember my nail biting phase. My mom used to tell me that my nails would be ugly if i kept biting them and my older sibings told me it was babyish. So i put masking tape on my fingertips so that i couldnt bite my nails (ah child logic!). I remember chewing the masking tape from time to time but it didnt taste all that great so i mostly just colored on my masking tape fingertips with a pen. I always liked to doodle so it was a great distraction and i no longer bite my...