or Connect

Posts by aurora_skys

Know that you CAN call the police. Just because the police probably are not going to witness a drug deal doesnt mean they wont find drugs in the house. I think it's pretty crappy to call the police over marijuana but if youre worried about neighborhood safety then you do what you have to. Animal control can be called and reported the dog incident, you may need more than one neighbor to back you up on it, thats how it is in my state. The house will likely receive a written...
Quote: Originally Posted by laohaire I would call her on it. She's got you jumping through hoops protecting her "fragile" self while she does whatever she wants. I call BS. She cries and such because it WORKS. Stop letting it work Easier said than done if you are the type to get caught up in it, I know, but I sincerely believe that the answer is to simply stop playing the game. If she gets upset, it's because she got herself upset, it's not up to you to...
Call for animal pick up and let go of any guilt you may be feeling about her being an outdoor cat. What life is better for a cat like that? Living in the stimulating and wonderful outdoors or being cooped up and miserable inside the house? My cat is a garage (outdoors and sleeps in garage) cat for the same reasons. Life was probably shorter for your cat than it would have been had she been inside 24 7 but life was also undoubtedly richer. Animal pick up sounds like the...
How common is this really? To always feel like you have to pee or to accidentally pee yourself (often, like every day) after youve had a few babies? My mil is *constantly* bringing this up, telling me to just wait until I've had a few more kids (Im about to have my second one now) and I will have urinary incontinence for the rest of my days She even says it in front of my husband which is embarrassing and irritating! My mom had 3 kids and she does not have any such...
The best shoe is no shoe. Shoes impede your childs natural foot development and will influence his gait unnaturally. That said, when your child is in a situation where he will be needing shoes, always go for moccasin types with thin, super flexible soles. Brands Mini Star and Robeez are great for this. The sole is just a piece of leather, your kids foot is allowed to flex normally, unhindered by a rigid sole. For more info check here,...
pp brings up a good point. Also you can "side car" a crib to your bed. Gives baby a firm mattress to sleep and play on while mommy and daddy are...busy ifykwim As far as explaining your choices, keep replies concise and do not allow your choices to be debated. It takes practice!
hah glad i found this thread! last week my dog came into heat. We share a backyard (its a duplex) with an elderly couple who have an intact male dog almost identical to ours. So I went upstairs and told the woman that my dog is in heat and thats why the stairs are blocked when shes pottying in the yard. Well the woman KEPT LETTING HER MALE DOG OUT WHILE MY FEMALE DOG WAS IN THE YARD! AUGH! This whole week I seriously believed she was trying to sabotage my efforts to keep...
"He needs to learn to entertain himself" Well, yes, he does. All children should develop some capacity to entertain themselves. To always be dependent on others for amusement is a miserable existence. That said, hes six months old!! Sounds like granny is still trapped by those old notions of forcing babies to be independent. When ppl said that comment to me I would usually agree politely "Yes its been great to watch him learn how to be more independent *big smile*...
Well I cant tell you for sure how to KNOW if shes got kittens somewhere, but I do know that if she recently had kittens she would be with them almost 24/7 (especially in like the first 2 weeks) and you would probably be able to tell she had milk. With my cat (who only had 4 kittens) it was very obvious right from the start that she was nursing, you could feel the swollen areas around the nipples and the fur was matted down from the kittens... Its possible the cat has...
Hmm, I wonder if that grandmother wishes the two yr old would baby talk? I know some people who intentionally try to slow language development in their kids because they think baby talk is cute. Whenever I see this Im like