or Connect

Posts by aurora_skys

nah, she wanted to take him for the day and night but when I said no thanks she changed tactics. Shes just the sort who is obsessed with getting "alone time" with her only grandson. Its weird. But Im not worried about it anymore, talking about the issue here has made me feel a lot better! thanks for moving the thread, I couldnt find the homebirth forum. Hooray pregnancy brain!
Quote: Originally Posted by Amila I am a paranoid freak about people driving with my kids, even my mom, and I can't stomach that thought in labor. haha me too! I would just be way too worried!
I like the idea of watching birth videos with ds, hadnt thought of that before. With our first birth we were also at home. I spent most of the time by myself (ds was posterior and it was pretty tough, I did not want my dh around me then!) while my husband filled the tub and did other things to prepare. There will be someone else here to support my son if he gets upset. Im hoping and praying labor doesnt get serious until nightfall though! Ds is a heavy heavy sleeper so...
And I need positive stories from women who have experienced this. I am really not comfortable having someone whisk him away from our house just because Im having a baby. I think it will be much more normal seeming for him to just be present and with us. My mil wants to take him away (I have never left ds alone with her. She is very "hand that rocks the cradle" intense and I dont trust her to respect my and dh's parenting preferences... I just wouldnt be comfortable leaving...
Ok, the dumbest advice Ive gotten lately is that I shouldnt allow my 16 mo to watch The Wiggles because they have a secret gay agenda. (Ah mil, you sure do believe everything you hear...) When I said that almost all were family men and that there was no evidence that any of them are gay she argued with me and then went on to say that all gay people are sexually fixated and promiscuous... Not really something that I want my son hearing especially since I have relatives who...
Hah! It cracks me up when people (and I mean the people who makes frivolous purchases constantly etc) tell me about how they just cant afford to have a parent stay home and raise the kids! We are a single income household now on unemployment (my dhs company moved to mexico for cheap labor) making a very small amount. We have to utilize other forms of govt aid bc we actually would not be able to put food on the table without them. Yet despite this, my husband attends...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty I usually respond with something like, "Well, which one of my children would you wish I never had?" It usually gets them to be quiet. yes. this. stops them every time. Now, I dont have that many kids yet but we hope to have a lot. The women in my family looove to tell me what to do with my uterus so when they make rude comments I tell them that when I am done having children they can tell me which ones...
Dont worry so much about having him heal "just right." Its more about his attitude. Like if hes not trying to take charge, hes just trying to find a position around the stroller that hes comfortable with, I wouldnt worry about it. My little dog walks with me and the stroller, sometimes shes right next to me, sometimes shes next to the stroller but shes not pulling or trying to take over the walk so i let it slide. We are walking to relax, you know?
"we can't show any signs "weakness " to the outside world b/c the thought it we brought this on ourselves." ugh, this yes. If I mention being tired or sleep deprived at all people say "then just let him cry" or "just quit nursing" (nursing is painful right now bc of pregnancy) Its so irritating. I dont want advice I just want to complain a little and have the other person say "Yea babies are tough!" or whatever > haha so yea I totally get where you are coming from....
Ive thought about this often. Watching my cat take care of her kittens while I was pregnant was a part of what helped me understand how a parent should be (she was devoted and nursed them to 10 weeks, most kittens would have been snatched from her by 6 weeks!!). She never let them cry... A friend of mine posted today on facebook about her 6 week old son "had already developed a fake cry to get her attention." and everyone else was commenting back like the baby is being...