or Connect

Posts by aurora_skys

we have two and theyre great easy to clean, my 9mo sits on them no problem. i love them and the price is just too good to pass up. cheapest ive ever found for a potty.
Dh did the best he could giving that she said all this over the phone. He just has all the normal insecurities of a first time parent (you know, "is this the BEST for my kid?") and she said this at a time when ds was sick with a virus and I was having to practically restrain dh from whisking him to the emergency room (for a cough ). So we had all this stress and then she just tops it off with threats and berating him. We havent talked to them since and it is definitely...
This is outrageous and I need to vent to fellow ECers, other people just say "well then put a diaper on him!" We have practiced ec part time since ds was 2 weeks old. A few days ago my mil was over at our house. Ds spent a portion of this time diaperless as is our habit. The next day mil called dh and yelled at him about how we were such bad parents bc ds wasnt in a diaper and she saw him playing in his own pee and trying to put it in his mouth, 9 months is too young to...
as far as birth stories go, I liked http://www.homebirth.org.uk/
I have a cat, Im not asking this to be a pain or anything, but is this really easier than just using clay litter? You can get huuuge bags of plain clay for like $2 at superstores... Making litter just seems so involved. Why do it?
your baby sounds like my baby but with more teeth! My 9 mo ds has been fighting sleep for two months now. I used to try to force him to sleep (it worked when he was younger, just holding him firmly and bouncing/rocking until he relaxed and slept) but now that he is older it just doesnt work. So now I just let him stay awake. If he refuses to sleep I carry him (when he's tired like this he doesnt want to sit alone, it makes him cry) while I go about my daily routine....
I dont think youre being prudish at all. My husband and I are practically nudists and are very open about our bodies but if anyone besides us (even my own mother) bathed with my son I would think it was weird. My mil also likes to "watch" while I nurse. It has driven me to nursing in a different room with the door shut while she is there. Then she tries to come in the room and sit next to me on the bed! Like nursing time is "girl time" or something! I finally had to...
patience maturity empathy
I can see how the card could be interpreted as patronizing or condescending but I for one would be over the moon if I got one of these! I love for people to see that Im nipingand it's so rare for me to recieve positive acknowledgement... I just think it would be great
My husband and I recently began applying continuum concept like methods to our parenting. We were amazed when we realized that all we had to do was let 7 mo old ds play in a baby proofed area and follow us around and he would be perfectly content. My mil is an extremely high strung woman and she really over stimulates ds on her visits. You know, lots of in your face, high pitched squealing baby talk and tickling, really hyper active stuff. So we explained the c.c. to...